Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   NC: How long do you spend studying each day (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407950)

12-30-2005 08:34 PM

NC: How long do you spend studying each day

Wondered how long the better SNG players spent studying on their game each day

splashpot 12-30-2005 08:37 PM

Re: NC: How long do you spend studying each day

Does reading this forum while I play count as studying? I personally think experience is 20 times more valuable than straight studying.

12-30-2005 08:40 PM

I agree that experience is more essential then studying but a mixture of both is optimum. IMO.

Dr_Jeckyl_00 12-30-2005 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wondered how long the better SNG players spent studying on their game each day

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not one of the "better" players, but can I still answer? I review my HH's everyday and post a few I am not sure of. Plus I read the forum while I play (but I think this is a leak)... so min of 1 hour a day

12-30-2005 09:18 PM

i only study and review when i get stuck in a limit.

12-30-2005 09:19 PM

I think if you are still learning the fundamentals and are playing $11-22s, you should be spending at least as much time studying/reading/posting as you are actually playing. If you are ten tabling the $55s, I think you should spend about one hour studying (reading,posting,sngpt,etc) for every four hours played. Experience can only take you so far... I bet even the top $215ers spend more time than that studying/reviewing. Hell, look at curtains and his mammoth post count.

runner4life7 12-30-2005 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does reading this forum while I play count as studying? I personally think experience is 20 times more valuable than straight studying.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree and this is the extent of my studying, reading posts like this.

curtains 12-30-2005 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if you are still learning the fundamentals and are playing $11-22s, you should be spending at least as much time studying/reading/posting as you are actually playing. If you are ten tabling the $55s, I think you should spend about one hour studying (reading,posting,sngpt,etc) for every four hours played. Experience can only take you so far... I bet even the top $215ers spend more time than that studying/reviewing. Hell, look at curtains and his mammoth post count.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think studying is v important and I don't do it as much as I should.

sofere 12-31-2005 01:05 AM

Unfortunately, I study Curtains hands way more than I review my own. Might be a leak?