Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $109's... Half man, half amazing... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393697)

bigt439 12-07-2005 08:17 PM

$109\'s... Half man, half amazing...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) converter

UTG (t1840)
UTG+1 (t1035)
Hero (t975)
MP1 (t930)
MP2 (t1520)
MP3 (t900)
CO (t925)
Button (t870)
SB (t235)
BB (t770)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t30, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t110</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls t110, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t80.

Flop: (t375) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets t175</font>, UTG+1 calls t175, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t865 (All-In)</font>,

Subject had nothing to do with the hand. I just don't know why I don't like this action. Maybe it's just a marginal spot no matter what.

pineapple888 12-07-2005 09:06 PM

Re: $109\'s... Half man, half amazing...

Wow, you really like to check-raise, huh?

Anyway, this flop is awful for you with two callers behind preflop. Think of all the sets, straights, two pair, pair plus draw. Even if you spike a Q, it could very easily make somebody a straight.

I guess I take a shot on the flop for 230 or so. I might just check it. But I'm sure not check-raising.

Oh yeah, raise more pre-flop, precisely to avoid this situation.

My two cents...

mlagoo 12-07-2005 09:07 PM

i think you played this fine

Nick M 12-07-2005 09:12 PM

how do you check this flop???? This is so dangerous. I bet 3/4 and proceed with caution.

bigt439 12-07-2005 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm dirty like that.

I don't see how raising more pf really changes this situation at all. I'm fine with my raise size I think unless there's a compelling reason otherwise.

Well the problem is that if I bet it's super easy for worse hands to push over as either semi-bluff or thinking they're protecting their T or something. There is really only one straight, and yes the sets worry me, but I like how I can trap money in there from the dude in the middle. I think a combo hand is far more likely here which is why I did what I did. I think my hand is good here a lot and this seemed like the best way to trap cash and protect it. Plus it helped me fill my quota of 238743 check raises per day.

pineapple888 12-07-2005 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm dirty like that.

I don't see how raising more pf really changes this situation at all. I'm fine with my raise size I think unless there's a compelling reason otherwise.

Well the problem is that if I bet it's super easy for worse hands to push over as either semi-bluff or thinking they're protecting their T or something. There is really only one straight, and yes the sets worry me, but I like how I can trap money in there from the dude in the middle. I think a combo hand is far more likely here which is why I did what I did. I think my hand is good here a lot and this seemed like the best way to trap cash and protect it. Plus it helped me fill my quota of 238743 check raises per day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your PF raise prices in the original limper and isn't high enough to deter other limpers, not generally what I personally want with Queens.

As for the rest... well, I guess that's why I stick to mostly ABC poker even at the higher buyins. Everyone's always trying to make these moves and stuff, and I just sit there and take their money [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Otherwise, it's OK to fold the best hand sometimes. Somebody bluffs me out, more power to him. I took my shot and it didn't work. But next time I just might have the nuts.

Just something to think about, can't claim that I'm "right".

wuwei 12-07-2005 10:02 PM

If you're 100% certain that MP2 won't check it through, then I think it's pretty cool. But can our reads be that good? A free card here is a bummer, man.

I like the fact that if anyone with a J wants to put all their $ in, you have two of their outs dead.

12-07-2005 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Otherwise, it's OK to fold the best hand sometimes. Somebody bluffs me out, more power to him. I took my shot and it didn't work. But next time I just might have the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is soooooooo the exact opposite of my playing style, which is probably why I have soooooooooooooo much to learn...

But I will say one thing, I don't get bluffed at much.

bigt439 12-07-2005 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're 100% certain that MP2 won't check it through, then I think it's pretty cool. But can our reads be that good? A free card here is a bummer, man.

I like the fact that if anyone with a J wants to put all their $ in, you have two of their outs dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more where I was going with this. However, if it gets checked through it's not the end of the world because now I have more room to maneuver (i.e. only have to deal with 2 streets instead of 3 so I could keep the pot smaller and semi-bluffing is less of an issue). The turn would have to be a blank though, which kinda sucks. But I can see MP2 betting a lot of hands here; I don't know if it's enough to make this play work though.

tewall 12-07-2005 10:45 PM

I was wondering if raising more would apply in a 109. Thanks for answering my question. I was thinking the same thing.