Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   OOP - Is this a WA/WB situation? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=322406)

Roadstar 08-25-2005 01:56 AM

OOP - Is this a WA/WB situation?

Just wondering if this is the correct time to use the WA/WB line. Just sat down at the table so no reads (waited for BB).

I had QJo (suits irrelevant)[added by Greg]

Texas Hold'em $1-$2 (real money),

PRE-FLOP
Folds to CO who calls, button calls, SB Completes, Hero checks

FLOP [5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
SB checks, Hero bets, CO folds, Button Raises, SB folds, Hero calls.

With passiveness preflop, I think I'm ahead and bet out. Button raises. I was thinking he either had something like Q9s or QT, or KQ. AQ is a remote possibility I thought, given no raise preflop (arguably KQ should have been raised PFR too). Not really thinking he hit a monster (i.e. a set).

Do you vote for calling the raise and taking the WA/WB line or 3 bet to see what happens? If you vote for 3 bet, what line do you take at turn and river. (or does anyone call raise and C/R later on?!?)

TURN [6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls.

RIVER [K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero Calls.

**Also I haven't been able to get PokerRoom's hands to work with Bison's hand converter... I know for Party hands you remove the word Texas... what do I have to do for PokerRoom hands to make it work? (I've seen ppl do it before) Please help thanks a lot!!!**

cold_cash 08-25-2005 03:01 AM

Re: OOP - Is this a WA/WB situation?

This would be much easier if we knew what you were holding.

Even so, however, it doesn't look like a way ahead/way behind type of situation.

Roadstar 08-25-2005 10:51 AM

Oops terribly sorry! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I had QJo (suits irrelevant) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If its not WA/WB, how would you play it then?

davelin 08-25-2005 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oops terribly sorry! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I had QJo (suits irrelevant) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not HU, you're not WA. Bad time to use the line.

08-25-2005 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I haven't been able to get PokerRoom's hands to work with Bison's hand converter... I know for Party hands you remove the word Texas... what do I have to do for PokerRoom hands to make it work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this will help you: Similar converter question

WHAT WERE YOUR HOLE CARDS?

08-25-2005 10:56 AM

May want to hit the edit function and put it in the OP so you don't get 20 of us with the same reply.

Roadstar 08-25-2005 11:21 AM

Sorry I posted the hand last night and its past the time limit to make any edits. Hm thanks for the link but I did copy and paste it right out off PT... any other ideas?

Roadstar 08-25-2005 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so whats your suggested line?

Thanks

davelin 08-25-2005 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so whats your suggested line?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Read on Button? I have trouble with these TP middle kicker hands. I'm curious what others say.

Roadstar 08-25-2005 05:21 PM

No reads, this was my first hand at the table - yeah I have trouble with these hands.

Sometimes when I get top pair garbage kicker OOP, I check the flop, if checked around then I have confidence to bet the turn and see what develops at the river. But I really need to work on having a good line(s) for these situations.

Thanks again!