Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Fundamental Theorem / Hand reading from 2+2 Table (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343696)

NateDog 09-24-2005 09:12 PM

Fundamental Theorem / Hand reading from 2+2 Table

This is from late Friday night. The table had been short (4 handed I think) and was filling back up. Everyone is getting a little frisky on the button, but postflop play has been pretty solid. The villain in this hand, who's Party handle I do not recognize (it's an astronaut) has been playing very aggressive PF, and tends to attack on the turn. As a little twist, I'm going to show you his cards and keep mine hidden. I think the table sees me as a little too LAG PF, and way too LAG post-flop (checkraise bluff caps and such). I have shown down my fair share of winners, but most of those have been played very passively.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2 cards. BB holds 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB

MrWookie47 09-24-2005 09:16 PM

Re: Fundamental Theorem / Hand reading from 2+2 Table

In white:

<font color="white">I'll go with KJ. K2 is a remote possibility, but just about any other hand would have been played poorly by you.</font>

stuartharris 09-24-2005 09:19 PM

Based on the flop and turn 3-bets, I have you AA, KK, or JJ. The river call makes me think AA; of course, I don't see BB raising on a wheel draw either, so you could still have JJ or KK.

NateDog 09-24-2005 09:20 PM

Wookie

1) no
2) usually.

NateDog 09-24-2005 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the flop and turn 3-bets, I have you AA, KK, or JJ. The river call makes me think AA; of course, I don't see BB raising on a wheel draw either, so you could still have JJ or KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

The BB thinks I'm a jackass and have quite literally 2 cards. He's not raising the flop on a wheel draw, he's raising a made hand.

09-24-2005 09:23 PM

I'll say KJ or AKs KQs clubs.

MrWookie47 09-24-2005 09:25 PM

Usually, as in, you usually play badly?

Actually, there's one more hand that you might have played properly, again in white:

<font color="white"> Ducks. </font>

Edited for typo.

NateDog 09-24-2005 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not saying you are right, but does my play fit that? My play in this hand (PF included) is pretty straight-forward. No tricks.

NateDog 09-24-2005 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Usually, as in, you usually play badly?

Actually, there's one more hand that you might have playd properly, again in white:

<font color="white"> Ducks. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I usually play poorly. Come on, you've had me to your right at a 2+2 table. As for the other, NH sir.

09-24-2005 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not saying you are right, but does my play fit that? My play in this hand (PF included) is pretty straight-forward. No tricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

6 handed. Hero raises, gets called. I think any one is possible. I think if you had KK, JJ you wouldn't be slowing on the river. AA, I could probably add to the list.

kapw7 09-24-2005 09:35 PM

Nice trifecta

JJ or KK

Nfinity 09-24-2005 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The river call makes me think AA

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Cuz that makes me think he had a flush draw and a pair somewhere and it didnt come in, doesn't really fit though.

Trips for you makes some sense on the early streets, but River doesn't make much sense, meh.

I'll go with 22, KJ, AA or QQ, those seem solid possibilities.

For the record I don't like BB's lack of a Pre-flop 3-bet or his call of your 3-bet on the Flop. For shame.

NateDog 09-24-2005 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For the record I don't like BB's lack of a Pre-flop 3-bet or his call of your 3-bet on the Flop. For shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm capable of a continuation bet / bluff 3-bet on the flop, are you capping?

Nfinity 09-24-2005 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm capable of a continuation bet / bluff 3-bet on the flop, are you capping?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it all ties in with Pre-flop. I three bet a 2+2er here most of the time.

That flop is pretty bad for me, If I am behind I am drawing to 2 outs, putting any extra money in when we are this behind is really costly. It's apparent that to get this hand to Showdown I'm going to have to call 2 more BBs, and to win if I'm ahead I have to dodge a million Overcards. I'll fold to your 3-bet.

TomBrooks 09-25-2005 04:25 AM

HERO SHOULD HAVE:

FLOP: Fold to the three bet.

TURN: Good

RIVER: Three-bet

=====
I think you had one or two pair. I'll guess you had KJ or K2.

deepsquat 09-25-2005 05:18 AM

K10, K9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]+

Villain likes raising &amp; c/ring the turn so i would be 3betting with TP medium+ kicker.

NateDog 09-25-2005 10:02 AM

I had ducks (nh Wookie, Nfinity). How's my play now?

monix 09-25-2005 11:15 AM

Excuse my ignorance, but what are "ducks"?

MrWookie47 09-25-2005 12:05 PM

Ducks = 22.

You fear exactly one hand here, and that hand is 55, and you shouldn't have to fear it very much. If villain played like that with 44, well, he needs a talking to. If villain didn't 3bet JJ or KK, he's got a terrible case of FPS and still needs a talking to, so they can be almost totally discounted. Villain was pretty stupid to be check/raising a flop of that texture with 3rd pair, especially to then call the 3bet, unless you'd literally be stealing, betting and 3betting while still holding any two cards. 55 is probably about as remote a possibility as KK and JJ assuming a rational villain. The most logical hands for villain are KJ, K2, J2, K5, and J5, and even those were donked pretty badly. A trifecta is virtually never the way to extract the maximum. You're beating his most likely holdings badly, and the chances of things that beat you are terribly small. I think I'd put in one last raise on the river and congratulate villain on his trifecta and brutal suckout.

kapw7 09-25-2005 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the table sees me as a little too LAG PF, and way too LAG post-flop (checkraise bluff caps and such). I have shown down my fair share of winners, but most of those have been played very passively.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then you go and open-raise 22? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

POKhER 09-25-2005 01:38 PM

You have....
<font color="white">
KJ/KQ/AK
</font>

You say its a legit raise do i assume you dont hold J2/K2/22

2pair at most you have, no set IMO.

River looks like you realise you only hold one pair so call.

So yeah, i reckon you lost.

cold_cash 09-25-2005 03:19 PM

Since you didn't raise the river I would say KJ.

Since you had 22 I would say raise the river.

NateDog 09-25-2005 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the table sees me as a little too LAG PF, and way too LAG post-flop (checkraise bluff caps and such). I have shown down my fair share of winners, but most of those have been played very passively.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then you go and open-raise 22? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't openraising this from the button?

eviljeff 09-25-2005 04:48 PM

*grunch*
looks like AA, AK, or KJ
maybe some draw/pair combination like A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

eviljeff 09-25-2005 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice trifecta

JJ or KK

[/ QUOTE ]

no way. not 3betting this river with JJ/KK is unimaginable.