Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   MGM Grand 1-2: A Crazy Play Saves Me a Bundle (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381918)

Dynasty 11-20-2005 02:51 AM

MGM Grand 1-2: A Crazy Play Saves Me a Bundle

I sat in a MGM Grand 1-2 no-limit game for a couple hours today and was briefly involved in this hand. My opponents' plays are so incomprehensible to me that this hand may be better off as a story rather than strategic fodder.

The MGM Grand 1-2 game has a maximum $200 buy-in.

I'm UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and limp for $2 (I've got a ~$400 stack). A loose-clueless player on my immediate left limps as well (she's got a ~$175 stack). It's folded all the way around to the Small Blind. He has a ~$135 stack and raises to a total of $50. That's a $48 raise into a pot that has $8 in it.

The Big Blind folds and I'm left trying to fathom why anybody would raise so much pre-flop. I surrended my cards and $2 and waited for another hand.

The loose-clueless woman called the additonal $48. Two players saw the flop with $104 in the pot.

The flop is: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

The Small Blind moved all in for about another $85. The l-c called.

Small Blind flipped over K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The l-c showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

A Queen came on the turn to give the l-c hope. But, the river was a blank.

amoeba 11-20-2005 02:55 AM

Re: MGM Grand 1-2: A Crazy Play Saves Me a Bundle

it depends highly on how he has been playing.

11-20-2005 02:56 AM

nice read [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

11-20-2005 02:58 AM

Cool to see you in SSNL Dynasty.

Dont know what to say about the hand though other than nh, and live 1/2 NL is niiicceee. Gotta love those L-Cs.

soah 11-20-2005 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm left trying to fathom why anybody would raise so much pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The loose-clueless woman called the additonal $48.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The l-c called.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The l-c showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely you've figured it out by now..?!

SpaceAce 11-20-2005 04:16 AM

That raise is almost ALWAYS KK or AA in the MGM $1/$2 game and most other $1/$2 games around town. Unless the person stands out for making weird raises, he's got a monster there almost every time. I ran into big hands a few times before I got it in my head that people really do raise 25xBB with AA and KK, even with no one in ahead of them. When they aren't massively over-raising, they are limping. Games = good.

SpaceAce