Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   JJ - Turn Play (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407338)

12-29-2005 07:59 PM

JJ - Turn Play

MP2 is in his 3rd hand at the table, only saw him post and fold flop.

It seemed like a c/r was the way to go on this turn... i'm not sure what he'd play this way that he wouldn't bet out on the turn. am i wrong? comments appreciated.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: (8.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

milesdyson 12-29-2005 08:01 PM

Re: JJ - Turn Play

cant really fault this at all

nomadtla 12-29-2005 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seemed like a c/r was the way to go on this turn... i'm not sure what he'd play this way that he wouldn't bet out on the turn. am i wrong? comments appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

That nine is gonna scare most fish and even some tags. Things I could see being played this way: AK (maybe, probably capse PF), AQ, AT, weaker K (worried about kicker trouble). Bassically that nine is a freeze card, it will freeze up a lot of bettors. I like leading that turn, it makes your straight less obvious and may even get a raise, if he thinks you're just donking the scare card.

WildDan 12-29-2005 08:36 PM

I don't think many players at .50/1 are going to see you donk a scare card and think you're trying to bluff them. They're just going to call down. Which they'll do almost always when you check/raise them anyway.

I like the play, sucks MP2 checked behind.

Buckmulligan 12-29-2005 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cant really fault this at all

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't think the turn check/raise will help villains find easier folds?

I like the donk on the turn.

DeadManJay 12-29-2005 09:59 PM

AK,AQ,KQ? Leaning towards AK

12-29-2005 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i really didn't think he'd fold for one bet anywhere. i figured my options were:

1.) bet turn and river. villain would definitely call the turn, and may/may not call the river

2.) check/raise turn and bet river. villain would call the check/raise and may/may not call the river.

this all assumes i'm ahead, don't get 3bet, etc. either way, i thought he'd be good for at least one bet in the face of my aggression. the question was whether or not he'd put one in on the turn himself. i thought he would.

Fryguy 12-29-2005 10:05 PM

::hand bias because I saw mp2 checked behind::

This is a pretty scary card for other players. I'd probably just lead out with it.

milesdyson 12-30-2005 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah i don't think it's very important to worry about an unknown player finding folds.

12-30-2005 04:25 AM

I would bet the turn.