Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Loud-ass motorcycles (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=328281)

miajag81 09-02-2005 11:41 AM

Loud-ass motorcycles

Why do some Harley and other motorcycle drivers feel the need to rev their engines at full blast while going down city/residential streets at 2 am (or any time for that matter)?

I would love to get hold of one of those spike strips the police use and toss it out in front of one of these douchebags next time one of them comes roaring down the street in front of my apartment and then hit him in the face repeatedly with a baseball bat. Fortunately I'm not a violent person.

09-02-2005 11:44 AM

Re: Loud-ass motorcycles

Have you seen the kind of people that ride bikes? Not exactly the Jean Georges and 4 Seasons crowd.

Los Feliz Slim 09-02-2005 11:46 AM

I often see, or imagine I see, a very satisfied look on the face of the biker as windows shatter around him as he drives down the block.

Seriously, what's so awesome about incredibly loud noise?

RunDownHouse 09-02-2005 11:47 AM

I once followed a ricer for an hour on the highway. It had one of those huge, loud mufflers, and it drove me batshit. I can't imagine driving around with that "BZZZZZ" all the time. The only way I figured the driver could stand it was that his techno was loud enough to drown it out.

miajag81 09-02-2005 11:47 AM

My theory is that there's actually a demographic of women who get extremely wet when they see some random fat dude tearing down the street setting off car alarms and waking people up. What other incentive would they have to do it?

sfer 09-02-2005 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would love to get hold of one of those spike strips the police use and toss it out in front of one of these douchebags next time one of them comes roaring down the street in front of my apartment and then hit him in the face repeatedly with a baseball bat. Fortunately I'm not a violent person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fishing line about neck high was my idea from years back.

diebitter 09-02-2005 11:54 AM

It's to compensate for their tiny winkies, obviously.

Mr_J 09-02-2005 01:53 PM

You guys are morons...

Bluffoon 09-02-2005 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do some Harley and other motorcycle drivers feel the need to rev their engines at full blast while going down city/residential streets at 2 am (or any time for that matter)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its for safety. (edit: the modifications many bikers make to make their bikes louder) So you notice them. And don't run them over. At least not unintentionally.

sleight 09-02-2005 02:11 PM

Good to see Bluffoon came out with the real answer, but I thought you already covered your thoughts in the this article.