Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Drawing against a paired door card (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310625)

frappeboy 08-08-2005 04:53 PM

Drawing against a paired door card

Seat 3 is a fairly solid player. I was sure she had atleast a big pair to start. I was about to throw away the draw on 4th until I saw seat 8 call with what looks like a weaker 4 flush.. Also I caught the queen of clubs which makes trips less likely.. I think I have pot odds to call with seat 8 in there, although im not 100% sure. Unfortunately when she bet the river I was almost sure she had a boat and almost folded.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (3.90 SB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___double bets
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (4.95 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (7.95 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___folds

River - (12.95 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (14.95 BB)

jon_1van 08-08-2005 05:01 PM

Re: Drawing against a paired door card

I don't think you can fold because the QQ player might be betting the river because he knows you won't be able to raise him.

After all, if he'd call a bet he'd be right to bet out.

beta1607 08-08-2005 05:08 PM

What about competing 3rd here?

Other then that there is no other way to play it, never fold 7th here. I would be much happier about folding to a check raise here then a lead (not that I ever would) I also think a check raise has much more value for the villan then a lead/hope for 3 bet.

BeerMoney 08-08-2005 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about competing 3rd here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a limp reraise!!

frappeboy 08-08-2005 09:18 PM

I am a panzy when it comes to playing 3 flushes aggressively on 3rd.

BeerMoney 08-08-2005 09:46 PM

I haven't had many oppurtnities to lately. nothing freezes up your opponents like a LimpReRaise. Also, I think it pisses people off. Also, I think its fun. Also, it builds big pots. Also, it randomizes your play. Also, its a little fishy. Also, its fun to be a little fishy sometimes.

Andy B 08-08-2005 10:13 PM

See, if you had limp/re-raised on third, you would have had no choice but to call on fourth. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I think fourth is a call anyway, what with the third man in. On third, you could have done any of three things, and you of course chose the most boring option. Other than that, I don't think there was any other way to play it. You are not allowed to fold flushes for one bet on the river, ever, OK?

grb137 08-08-2005 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 3 is a fairly solid player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then fold 4th, end of story. You may have sucked out, but over the long run playing drawing hands against "fairly solid players" with paired door cards is a losing proposition.