Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Ace with a weakish kicker short handed ( 5-10NL) whats my action? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399037)

arod15 12-15-2005 03:00 PM

Ace with a weakish kicker short handed ( 5-10NL) whats my action?

5-10 NL 7 players (4 sitting out) so really 3 players

Effective stacks 1200
Hero is delt A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button

Hero raises to 35
SB folds
BB re-raises to 70 (no reads on him yet as I just sat down an orbit ago and busted a shorti with KK. So I have no image yet)
Hero calls

Flop is A 2 7r (pot 145)

Villian Bets 250
Whats the plan?

12-15-2005 03:04 PM

Re: Ace with a weakish kicker short handed ( 5-10NL) whats my action?

I would call and probably fold to any further aggression on later streets.

Dumle

wdeadwyler 12-15-2005 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call and probably fold to any further aggression on later streets.

Dumle

[/ QUOTE ]

This wouldnt be a good to make with AA (IMO), since you arent calling anyway without an ace or another set, since only a set or an ace would give him action on this flop, and he sells a bluff.

It could also be KK puting in his last dime into the pot.

I think with AK he woulda led half pot.

Dumle's call line and fold to further aggression is ok I guess (I cant think of an alternate one), I think you see a set or a big wired pair a huge portion of the time.

arod15 12-15-2005 04:39 PM

I find calling here to be perhaps the worst option. Why build a huge pot if you have no intention of going foward if he fires a second barrel. To me this was a line between pushing and folding.... Thoughts? I'm not saying im right just my thoughts at the time...

jonnyUCB 12-15-2005 05:07 PM

with no reads I fold. I like to know if he'll slowdown when I call his c-bet. Push is super ugly.

arod15 12-15-2005 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with no reads I fold. I like to know if he'll slowdown when I call his c-bet. Push is super ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with folding. ALthough, if you have a solid read (which i didnt) i think pushing would be fine.
Anyway I mucked and he didnt show. But i wanted to see if people thought this was weak....

emil3000 12-15-2005 05:11 PM

Push is definitely the worst option. I am not familiar with the dynamics of donkish live play in the US but I think KK is the most likely hand, this bet smells a bit scared to me.

pologuy64 12-15-2005 05:16 PM

fold

arod15 12-15-2005 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Push is definitely the worst option. I am not familiar with the dynamics of donkish live play in the US but I think KK is the most likely hand, this bet smells a bit scared to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the only reason pushing crossed my mind. to KK would probably play a bit scared and overbet. But again with little info and not much in the pot i didnt want to pay to find out.

BobboFitos 12-15-2005 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find calling here to be perhaps the worst option. Why build a huge pot if you have no intention of going foward if he fires a second barrel. To me this was a line between pushing and folding.... Thoughts? I'm not saying im right just my thoughts at the time...

[/ QUOTE ]

calling >>> raising imo