Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I get to play against Phil Hellmuth (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=140244)

DangerGoodson 10-25-2004 02:44 PM

I get to play against Phil Hellmuth

So last night I won a 64 person winner take all tourney at my college (UW-Madison) for a chance to play Phil Hellmuth in a 10 person tourney (since Phil is from Madison). The tourney was free and we are playing for his dvd's and such (prolly will end up on ebay), but it's still should be alot of fun. Anyway I was just wondering what kind of smart ass things I should say to him at the table.

Since it isnt for money I doubt he will go into his poker "brat" mode, but I want ammo to shoot back at him, if he trys to screw with my head.

Thanks,
Danger

slickpoppa 10-25-2004 02:51 PM

Re: I get to play against Phil Hellmuth

Tell him that he doesn't make big laydowns.

Cleveland Guy 10-25-2004 02:57 PM

Tell him

"If it wasn't for luck, I'd be the best player from Wisconsin"

jakethebake 10-25-2004 03:04 PM

Take his hand across the table and ask him if he remembers you, and if he wants to party [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] later tonite like last time.

nolanfan34 10-25-2004 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since it isnt for money I doubt he will go into his poker "brat" mode, but I want ammo to shoot back at him, if he trys to screw with my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a thought - instead of thinking of ways to be a jackass, how about thinking of some thoughtful questions so you might learn a thing or two from a nine-time WSOP bracelet winner. I'm not even a Phil fan, but I can't believe you win this thing and only seem to care about how you can come up with good comeback insults for him at the table.

The guy is taking time out of his life to come play in basically a home game for no money, show him a little respect.

DVO 10-25-2004 03:14 PM

Right, what he said........

Slacker13 10-25-2004 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a thought - instead of thinking of ways to be a jackass, how about thinking of some thoughtful questions so you might learn a thing or two from a nine-time WSOP bracelet winner. I'm not even a Phil fan, but I can't believe you win this thing and only seem to care about how you can come up with good comeback insults for him at the table.

The guy is taking time out of his life to come play in basically a home game for no money, show him a little respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your 100% correct. Seems like a great opportunity to me.

jakethebake 10-25-2004 03:24 PM

Agreed.......But not nearly as much fun.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your 100% correct. Seems like a great opportunity to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

SossMan 10-25-2004 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt he's not getting something out of it....probably not $$ directly, but certainly free promotion.

Rick Diesel 10-25-2004 03:43 PM

I would definitely go with "What the f**k kind of drugs did ESPN get you high on in order for you to let them show you on national television without a shirt on?"

Rick Diesel