Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Heads up nut flush with ugly river (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405256)

12-26-2005 03:59 AM

Heads up nut flush with ugly river

Opponent and i just started playing, no real reads but he doesnt seem to be the typcial "all-in donk" that you often see at these levels, then again we have played maybe 10 hands. $50 NL equal stacks this is an actual heads up game and not a 6-max or ring game between the blinds

Villan: Posts BB of $.50
Hero: Posts SB of $.25
Hero: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero: raises to $1.75
Villan Calls

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villan: Checks
Hero: Bets $3
Villan: calls

Turn: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero: bets $9

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villan: Pushes all in
Hero: ???

Ok so its pretty obvious that villan has an A, what I was putting him on the entire hand, but does he just have a set here enough of the time to justify the call? Comments on all streets appreciated.

orange 12-26-2005 04:08 AM

Re: Heads up nut flush with ugly river

I call here. Headsup, this is a gigantic hand. Villan could be pushing here with a lone Ace or worse.

Fallen Hero 12-26-2005 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Opponent and i just started playing, no real reads but he doesnt seem to be the typcial "all-in donk" that you often see at these levels, then again we have played maybe 10 hands. $50 NL equal stacks this is an actual heads up game and not a 6-max or ring game between the blinds

Villan: Posts BB of $.50
Hero: Posts SB of $.25
Hero: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero: raises to $1.75
Villan Calls

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero: Bets $3

Turn: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero: bets $9

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villan: Pushes all in
Hero: ???

Ok so its pretty obvious that villan has an A, what I was putting him on the entire hand, but does he just have a set here enough of the time to justify the call? Comments on all streets appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's any good he has the nut flush beaten here.

boondockst 12-26-2005 10:39 AM

Why is this the nut flush? What am i missing? I dont see aces full pushing this river....An underfull might though, hoping you have trip aces.

12-26-2005 11:03 AM

You don't have the nut flush unless I'm missing something.

scrapperdog 12-26-2005 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call here. Headsup, this is a gigantic hand. Villan could be pushing here with a lone Ace or worse.

[/ QUOTE ] Agreed

Fallen Hero 12-26-2005 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Agreed

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain is any good, this isn't a lone ace. This is a big bet when the board pairs top pair, he's expecting a call from any ace/any flush

PS: yeah, this isn't the nut flush, not that it matters much at this point

12-27-2005 03:51 AM

Results

ok sorry the ace on the flop was a heart giving me the nut flush..not that it matters at all mostly worried about the boat though. I was pretty sure I was beat there but couldn't get myself to fold, he showed A4 for the boat and took it down. Looking back this hand troubled me a lot, I just dont see anything that I have beat playing it this way, but in heads up I feel too weak tight folding here.