Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Todd Brunson Will Never Receive Sponsorship Dollars (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=329707)

grandgnu 09-04-2005 07:02 PM

Todd Brunson Will Never Receive Sponsorship Dollars

When big money sponsorships start coming, I don't see Todd Brunson getting any bit of it. He's boring as hell to watch.

You need to bounce around like Scotty N. if you want to get some o' that chedda baby!

Quicksilvre 09-04-2005 07:35 PM

Re: Todd Brunson Will Never Receive Sponsorship Dollars

Ooooooooooooooookay...

Sykes 09-04-2005 08:10 PM

I really don't think he cares about the sponsorship.

grandgnu 09-04-2005 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He should, why do you think so many pro's write books, work for magazines or act as commentators? Additional revenue streams that are more reliable are always a great alternative to "just" poker.

Russ McGinley 09-04-2005 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HELLO, $20m in winnings in the cash games?

Notorious G.O.B. 09-04-2005 08:50 PM

He's funny, what am I missing here? Didn't you see when he called Freddy Deeb a terrorist? Comic gold.

Army Eye 09-04-2005 09:13 PM

LOL. Todd Brunson is about the last person I could picture hocking a clothing line or chip set. It just doesn't seem like something he'd do at all.

You're right that sponsors won't be throwing their money at him. He is thoroughly unlikeable. Any time I see him interviewed, every word is dripping with contempt.

I don't think he's sweating it much. He destroys cash games, and from what I read in the book about 'The Big Game' he is also very smart with his investments.

grandgnu 09-04-2005 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HELLO, $20m in winnings in the cash games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that all? A piddling sum, that's not enough BB's for the Big Game, he NEEDS some sponsorship.

csuf_gambler 09-04-2005 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When big money sponsorships start coming, I don't see Todd Brunson getting any bit of it. He's boring as hell to watch.

You need to bounce around like Scotty N. if you want to get some o' that chedda baby!

[/ QUOTE ]

boring?!? what you talking bout, didn't you see him flip out against that dealer?!!? man that sh1t was intense!

grandgnu 09-04-2005 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

boring?!? what you talking bout, didn't you see him flip out against that dealer?!!? man that sh1t was intense!

[/ QUOTE ]

Must've missed that one. But seriously, he just sits there brooding, looking all depressing like my ex-roommate who has no ambitions in life and is content working as a stockboy at a grocery store........in his 30's....and living with his mom. That's the image I get when I watch Todd Brunson.

Maybe he can use some of that 20 mil to buy a personality?