Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   the non_comformist open challenge (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=323839)

Non_Comformist 08-27-2005 04:07 AM

the non_comformist open challenge

ok I am doing a different type of open challenge for September and I'd like to get some input.

this one will geared more to the player who wants to put in a consistent level of hours each week. I'm thinking 30 but 25 may be right for more people.

and that's the challenge, not to see if you canput ina ton of hands or have one really good week but instead consistently put in the 25-30 hours each week.

Who's interested?

Also any ideas for format, ie heads up pairings or a group, also what should the reward/punishment be?

shant 08-27-2005 04:14 AM

Re: the non_comformist open challenge

I'm interested for September for sure. Maybe it could be HU, and the number of hours difference between you and your opponent, the person with less owes $x per hour to the winner?

Non_Comformist 08-27-2005 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested for September for sure. Maybe it could be HU, and the number of hours difference between you and your opponent, the person with less owes $x per hour to the winner?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya something like that but I dont want it to be something where putting in 50hrs is rewarded but rather if say one puts in 30hrs and the other 25, they are both winners.

the idea is to strive more a consistent and maintable pace.

cyberSTACK 08-27-2005 04:56 AM

I need to do something like this badly.

I have been lagging pretty hard on getting in the hours the last couple weeks.

Justin A 08-27-2005 01:20 PM

I'm in.

Alobar 08-27-2005 01:21 PM

me too

Non_Comformist 08-27-2005 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
me too

[/ QUOTE ]

Justin A and Alobar, this is getting good.

bottomset 08-28-2005 03:47 AM

I'd be in for something in the 15-20range

thatpfunk 08-28-2005 05:14 AM

I am in... and I will lose [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Lets figure out the logistics.

Dopey 08-29-2005 12:42 PM

I up for this, aiming for 35-40hrs/week.

I have to admit though that the other open challenge never motivated me so I have my doubts that this will help, but Im willing to try anything.

Is 35-40hrs realistic for me? History would say no but I dont see why I can't do it (I am averaging 45hrs a month for the last 6 months not including August. August has been better as I have a shot at 120hrs with a previous best of 65hrs).
I am setting up a new schedule that will allow me to play atleast 32hrs a week and get to the gym 4 times a week (I made a post in the past about going to the gym less than 10 times during my 4 year membership). Time will tell if it works.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]