Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   TD 2-7 - a starting hand of 3567x rainbow (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=237929)

Luv2DriveTT 04-23-2005 10:23 AM

TD 2-7 - a starting hand of 3567x rainbow

5 handed table, Hero is on the button. There is one limper to me. I have 3567x.

Anyone likes a call here, rather than fold? What about an open raise instead of a call assuming the Hero was first to act?

Say we decided to play on rather than fold, there is not much the hero can catch besides a duce or an 8. Dropping the 6 sounds like a reasonable idea to me, anyone agree?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

fnord_too 04-23-2005 10:32 AM

Re: TD 2-7 - a starting hand of 3567x rainbow

I call or raise that most of the time. I am probably throwing two, unless the people who stay are horrible (not uncommon at the levels I play). Against good opponents, well most good opponents don't open limp in my experience unless there are some real bad players in the game who will overlimp and continue with utter crap.

Luv2DriveTT 04-23-2005 10:49 AM

Funny... I'm playing you right now at the 4/8 table.

I asked this question because this is an obviously borderline hand, and a scenario that is not discussed in the only existing TD book. I'm not so sure I agree with you, it might be smarter to just sit the hand out with one limper, but I think I'd play if I can open raise to steal the blinds (assuming the blinds are semi-tight).

fnord_too 04-23-2005 10:52 AM

Maybe, I have been playing tons of HU lately, and my aggression level is pretty high. If someone like delbert is in the game though, you have to play hands like that. My god that guy is great for the game.

Luv2DriveTT 04-23-2005 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe, I have been playing tons of HU lately, and my aggression level is pretty high. If someone like delbert is in the game though, you have to play hands like that. My god that guy is great for the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been watching your swings compared to mine. I play far less hands than you do, you seem to get more action than I do however. I haven't deviated more than +/- $50 in the past 1.5 hours, where as your swings were +/- $200+. Interesting... end result is you are way ahead now, and I am not [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

fnord_too 04-23-2005 11:18 AM

This session has been pretty awful since it grew from HU, I'm missing everything. Also, I am experimenting with more laggish play. I'm definitely not up this session (at least not as I type this).

Luv2DriveTT 04-23-2005 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This session has been pretty awful since it grew from HU, I'm missing everything. Also, I am experimenting with more laggish play. I'm definitely not up this session (at least not as I type this).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting exactly opposite... LESS Laggish, but I am being more creative qwith my river calls.

timprov 04-23-2005 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I asked this question because this is an obviously borderline hand, and a scenario that is not discussed in the only existing TD book. I'm not so sure I agree with you, it might be smarter to just sit the hand out with one limper, but I think I'd play if I can open raise to steal the blinds (assuming the blinds are semi-tight).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you, save that the blinds ought to be passive as well. Getting called every once in a while is ok, but you really hate a three-bet.

timprov 04-23-2005 09:54 PM

Also, why you would drop the six I don't know. Now instead of drawing to a perfect 2 you're drawing to a perfect 24? I suppose your odds of making an 875 go up a little, but I'd probably draw one, and take the free second draw unless my opponent drew 3+.

Luv2DriveTT 04-23-2005 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, why you would drop the six I don't know. Now instead of drawing to a perfect 2 you're drawing to a perfect 24? I suppose your odds of making an 875 go up a little, but I'd probably draw one, and take the free second draw unless my opponent drew 3+.

[/ QUOTE ]

You only have 4 outs to complete the 7, thats not fantastic odds. I like to win [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]