Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   I got played (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=339456)

grb137 09-18-2005 04:42 PM

I got played

Site: PartyPoker
2/4 7 Card Stud/8 -- Hand Converter

Third Street
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____brings-in
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds

Fourth Street
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____bets
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____checks_____calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____checks_____calls

Fifth Street
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____raises
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____bets_____calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____calls_____calls

Sixth Street
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____checks
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx _____checks
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx _____checks

River
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx _____checks_____calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx _____bets

Results
Seat 5: [ 7h 4s Ad Qd Qs Ts 6d ] [ a pair of queens -- Ad,Qd,Qs,Ts,7h ]
Seat 6: [ 6s 8s Ah 9s 2h 4c 6c ] [ LO: 8,6,4,2,A | HI: a pair of sixes -- Ah,9s,8s,6s,6c ]

On the end, I had a crap low, and an apparent high was inbetween me and the better, which had me afraid of being caught in the middle of a jam fest, so I mucked the best low hand. Dang!

What could/should I have done differently? I supposed raising with an 8 low is a bad idea, but had hoped that Queens would reraise Seat 6 out, and if he didn't I still had a good draw for low, including a wheel draw.

mscags 09-18-2005 05:23 PM

Re: I got played

I play it the same besides the river. Call the one bet. If it is raised and reraised back to you, fold.

Bartholow 09-18-2005 05:30 PM

It would be pretty sweet if you could make the queens fold, but I guess that's unlikely.

The raise on 5th is definitely fine IMHO. It would sometimes be right to raise here with just A234, and having some adds a lot because you could both just brick from here on out. I might bet 6th too, wouldn't the 6 seat bet out with a better low?

Overall though I think this is just one of those spots where you get burned. Don't worry, they'll get burned by you more often.

benneh 09-18-2005 05:35 PM

i bet/jam 5th and 6th. A924 doesn't scare me too much. on the river I just call. I think the reason you were pushed out on the river was cause you didn't bet 6th. If you had bet, you probably would have gotten a free showdown or the chance to bet yourself.

Spladle Master 09-18-2005 05:47 PM

Why would you not bet sixth?

mscags 09-18-2005 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might bet 6th too, wouldn't the 6 seat bet out with a better low?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is a decent player he could be going for a check raise, but a decent player probably would have folded on fourth when he bricked. Still doesn't mean he doesn't have a better low either way though.

Bartholow 09-18-2005 06:57 PM

Is this a vote for checking 6th, or just saying it's POSSIBLE seat 6 has better low?

mscags 09-18-2005 07:03 PM

I originally liked checking, but after thinking about it I like a bet more because of my reasoning. It just seems any reasonable opponent would have folded after bricking on fourth. However it is possible he does have a low. Even if he does have a low though you have redraws and it doesn't matter a whole lot if he isn't raising you.