Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Help me with 30/60 h/l (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402158)

CarlosChadha 12-20-2005 04:37 PM

Help me with 30/60 h/l

Alright, I am bored with stud hi, so I am learning hi/low, but I don't know what I am doing. Any comments on the hand below? Thanks, Carlos

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

Seat 1: $842.50
Seat 2: $1.384.50
Hero: $4,539
Seat 4: $2.000.50
Seat 5: $890.50
Seat 6: $1.162.50
Seat 7: $2.147.50
Seat 8: $244

3rd Street - (1.33 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls

4th Street - (13.33 SB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

5th Street - (12.67 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls $29 and is all-in

6th Street - (15.15 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___all-in

River - (17.15 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___all-in

Total pot: (19.15 BB)

lane mcbride 12-20-2005 05:12 PM

Re: Help me with 30/60 h/l

well, I can tell you are a stud hi player [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
I think you have to fold queens in this spot... queens are usually pretty marginal in hi/lo anyway, and with the action ahead of you, and the dead queen... fold third

mscags 12-20-2005 06:19 PM

Wow Carlos, I think you need to tone down the aggression factor a little in this game lol.

Third Street: This should be a fold. YOu have a one way hand, there was already significant action from two low cards in front of you, fold here and save some money.

Fourth: I could seriously consider folding in this spot since almost everyone caught good, but you have bloated the pot enough that you can probably take one off. Raising is the last thing you want to do. You were probably looking to isolate the ace, but that doesn't happen much in this game. Seat 6 isn't going anywhere, no need to raise and try to knock him out, not to mention the 8 seat did catch an ace. Def no need to reraise when it comes back to you again. You're makingthis pot way larger than it needs to be when you are most likely behind. Big pairs in this game usually win a small pot and lose big ones. Be very careful of them. It wouldn't be a bad idea to fold everything besides Aces until you get comfy with them.

Rest of the hand looks fine.

Michael Emery 12-20-2005 06:53 PM

Carlos,

Why donate any of the money you worked so hard to earn in stud-hi back? I know its hard to move down in limits if your usual games is 30-60, but stud/8 and stud are as different as night and day. Play a little lower and post some hands. On this one hand you missed a serious fold on both third and fourth street. When Jeffage taught us all to play triple draw at your house I didnt go home and play 30-60 to learn more. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mike Emery

Jeffage 12-20-2005 07:10 PM

This is a pretty no-brainer fold on 3rd. Don't play high only hands against a crowd in this game unless we're talking something like rolled trips or maybe AA2, etc.

Jeff

Andy B 12-20-2005 09:41 PM

Has anyone mentioned that third is a fold yet? Even if Queens are live and you have a decent kicker, once it's two bets, I think you have to let it go.

If I somehow found myself in a $400 pot with a stinky pair of Queens against those boards, I might take one off if I were reasonably convinced that I could see fifth for one bet. With 63 behind you, a guy who raised coming in, it's somewhat unlikely that you'll be able to see fourth for $30. I might just fold then. If I called and it was two bets back to me, I'd definitely fold.

Having made it to fifth, the bet's OK, mostly because the guy with the Ace is almost all-in. Bet on sixth is OK, although I'd lean towards checking. No reason to bet the river.

I play games I have no idea how to play all the time. I usually play them a little smaller than my usual games, though.

Excuse me while I move all my money over to Stars....

imported_getfunky 12-21-2005 10:39 PM

ok carlos, stud hi and lo are so different when it comes to big pairs - you must educate yourself b4 playing any further, a good book to start with is t.brunson's chapter in supersystem 2.