Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   97s. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398223)

-Skeme- 12-14-2005 10:20 AM

Re: 97s.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you play aces that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. And sets.

Lady Dont Tekno 12-14-2005 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your turn bet makes zero sense at all to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my opponent might fold a draw or a better hand than I. What if I really had Aces here?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And even if you did, bluffing shorties willing to gamble sucks.

AcesUp2121 12-14-2005 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. And sets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.
Shorties often play top pair this way:
Call. Call. Call.

-Skeme- 12-14-2005 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And even if you did, bluffing shorties willing to gamble sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would that suck?

[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough.
Shorties often play top pair this way:
Call. Call. Call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, and they often fold them once TP becomes not TP on a Queen turn. So far we have:

-chip donation (the logic is excellent)
-we need a plan for his river move (he'd be all in if he called)
-he folds a flush draw (that's what we want, please fold)
-i probably dont play aces this way (oh, but i do!)
-bluffing short stacks, who are willing to gamble, when you have aces really sucks (this whole winning money thing sucks)

Nobody has a problem with my pansy ass flop bet?

I guess this hand just sucks. I'm tired. He hemmed and hawed, then made some weird type of crying call with 63d. He wins.

Hattifnatt 12-14-2005 10:25 AM

Preflop raise is fine but I dont like the flop bet into 2 opponents, IF you want to bet, bet at least 3/4 pot. Your 1/2 pot bet that get called doesnt say anything. Can be a draw, set, 2 overs, air. Anything.

As played I check behind on the turn without a read. There are a lot of scare cards that can come on the river. If one of them comes and he checks again I might fire a barrel.

-Skeme- 12-14-2005 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As played I check behind on the turn without a read. There are a lot of scare cards that can come on the river. If one of them comes and he checks again I might fire a barrel.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I would've potted the flop, yeah, most likely check behind. But for some reason I bet super weak and I think this convinced me he was weak as well.

About the scare cards.. well, one just came on the turn, shouldn't that be my chance to push out the draws and maybe a T by representing a Queen or my overpair.

There are 9 hearts, which is what I'm sure I had him on, and I don't want to give a free card to anything. I also think that's a great way to get snapped off on the river by something stubborn. I can't tell you how many notes I've made that say, "Can trap him for big bet later by slowplaying previous streets."

SmileyEH 12-14-2005 11:03 AM

How often are you betting this flop?

-SmileyEH

-Skeme- 12-14-2005 11:08 AM

Frequently. Lots of hands that limp-call are missing here.

12-14-2005 11:10 AM

Why bet so little on the flop? Not a good spot for a weak flop bet whatsoever. I think I just bet more on the flop and give up if he calls. If he calls a bigger bet on the flop, he isn't going away with whatever he has often enough to warrant firing the second barrel, especially given his stack size. Your play looks like a set, but I'm not sure you are going to convince him often enough. Then again, I wouldn't make the weak bet with a set here either.

Isura 12-14-2005 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Frequently. Lots of hands that limp-call are missing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I like the flop bet. But I make it 2/3 the pot. It should get them to fold and it's cheaper than firing the second barrel into the shortstack with no reads.