Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Any of you make your living playing PLO? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=336089)

PorscheNGuns 09-13-2005 05:39 PM

Any of you make your living playing PLO?

(as in no side job, and just PLO)

just curious

-Matt

Acesover8s 09-13-2005 05:52 PM

Re: Any of you make your living playing PLO?

60% PLO, 20% limit holdem, 20% limit O/8

beset7 09-13-2005 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(as in no side job, and just PLO)

just curious

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

60% NLHE, 20% LHE/STUD/O8, 10% PLO, 8% MTTs, 2% good looks.

So the answer is, "no not me" I guess. Going broke isn't an option for me and the variance makes me gnash my teeth. If I had a bigger roll I'd probably flip-flop NLHE and PLO in the above spread.

greatwhite 09-13-2005 07:11 PM

99% blind man's bluff and 1% stealing chips when they aren't looking. On a more serious note, PLO maybe my most profitable game.

Spellmen 09-13-2005 07:15 PM

40% PLO, 40 NL Holdem, 20 Omaha hi/lo. I don't know what you consider a sidejob, I'm just a student, but this is my only source of income

wickss 09-13-2005 08:32 PM

I make all my income off of PLO. Sometimes if I get bored I'll play NLHE or STT's. 99% of the time I play PLO.
I wouldn't call it a living though. In December I quit my job to play PLO full time (my job got in the way of poker.) It kept the bills paid. Finally in May I couldn't win to save my life. I went broke at the end of May. I went 2 months without poker. Finally I got a bankroll together and am now playing again. I am grinding it out at the $25 tables. I am starting an ebay store to put my eggs in more than one basket, but I have yet to make any money from it. So at this point all of my income is from PLO.

Lafortezza 09-13-2005 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am grinding it out at the $25 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]I folded middle set to you the other day on PL25 table, I don't do that for *anyone* on those tables usually [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Spellmen 09-13-2005 11:17 PM

I was wondering why I hadn't seen you most of the summer. There was a time last spring when I couldn't sit at a table without you and a few other regulars at the 25 and 50 games

Big Dave D 09-14-2005 02:59 AM

You make a living passing hands? Sheesh, impressive [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gl

Dave

DarthIgnurnt 09-14-2005 08:54 AM

Poker and "real job" income are nearly identical for me, and either is, fortunately, enough to keep the bills paid. I have a strange feeling, however, that if I "had" to win playing cards, my game would change and probably for the worse.

That said, my poker income is 90% PLO and 10% Chinese Poker.

My "real job" income is 100% Chinese Checkers.