Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   hansen gets lucky again. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=113241)

RowdyZ 08-15-2004 09:20 PM

hansen gets lucky again.

Unbelievable how many times he makes a stupid play only to get his miracle card. Now I can't wait until his defenders all come on and say it really wasn't a bad play on his part because.... Say what you want he just got real lucky. period.

RowdyZ 08-15-2004 09:39 PM

Re: hansen gets lucky again.

While you are defending Gus go ahead and think of one for his sucking out on Lederer.. He has to be the luckiest SOB in poker.

mrpurple 08-15-2004 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unbelievable how many times he makes a stupid play only to get his miracle card. Now I can't wait until his defenders all come on and say it really wasn't a bad play on his part because.... Say what you want he just got real lucky. period.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't frequent this part of the forum. So pardon me if this should be self evident. But, can you tell us what your refering to so we voice an opinion? What tourney, show or hand.

Kevmath 08-15-2004 09:42 PM

It's the Poker Superstars Invitational, on FSN that started at 9pm Eastern, and will have 13 episodes, airing each Sunday, with a finale on Super Bowl Sunday.

Kevin...

Stew 08-15-2004 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't frequent this part of the forum. So pardon me if this should be self evident. But, can you tell us what your refering to so we voice an opinion? What tourney, show or hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's talking about Fox's TOC which is on in most of the country as it's being typed. Of course, I'm not watching it b/c the wife is watching the god damn olympics, but thank god for TIVO.

DontRaisePlz 08-15-2004 10:03 PM

Are you saying he's overrated?

ohgeetee 08-15-2004 11:18 PM

I think he is saying he is god damn lucky.

Jesus those were beats so bad even he didnt want to admit to them.

Howard turned almost white when his bad beat hit. it was depressing.

The great thing about hte show though, is there will be many tournaments for these guys to show that htey can beat luck.

I got a bit of the espn vibe on this first episode unfortunately, but it looks like it will be 2 episodes per table so the next show should be entertaining.

CheckRaise 08-15-2004 11:27 PM

I agree with you on the espn vibe, the crap about Doyle and his family was a waste of air time. Too many all-in hands, i was hoping for something more like Poker at the Plaza, where there were many hands that played through every street. What would have been the best would have been if they had showed every hand like at Turning Stone but i knew that wouldn't happen because it would too boring for the casual viewer. Overall it was ok, hope it gets better and they need fewer commercials, at point i think they only played one hand inbetween commercials.

FrankLu99 08-15-2004 11:28 PM

does anyone know if there will be a rerun of this episode?

CheckRaise 08-15-2004 11:29 PM

Yes i'm sure they will replay it tomorrow during the day or sometime this week during the day, FSN always does.

niagarapoker 08-15-2004 11:54 PM

He's the hottest SOB, that's for sure. Mmmmmm...

RPatterson 08-16-2004 12:17 AM

He had so many outs, don't be a hater.

RPatterson 08-16-2004 12:18 AM

He's not only the physically toughest poker player, but also the sexiest!

Daliman 08-16-2004 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not even close to the toughest player. Other than the fact that there are more than a few Ultimate fighters that play solid poker, I guarantee TJ even at his age would tear him apart.

RPatterson 08-16-2004 12:44 AM

Gus would destroy that wrecker guy that got busted by Negreanu. That guy is barely even an Ultimate Fighter.

Sully 08-16-2004 12:57 AM

I'm not sure that anyone who buys their t-shirts in the girls section can be considered "tough".

RPatterson 08-16-2004 01:00 AM

Jim I enjoyed your recent article at the onion. How is your leg doing?

RowdyZ 08-16-2004 01:08 AM

If anybody wants to talk about Hansens play for real please respond, just ignore the troll (Erostratus).

SA-Bishop 08-16-2004 03:19 AM

Yeah he sucked out on them. At least he diddint lay on the table and scream or do some gay wave, in fact he looked embarrassed. Hard to get mad at a guy just getting lucky.

coolhandtom 08-16-2004 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure that anyone who buys their t-shirts in the girls section can be considered "tough".

[/ QUOTE ]

ha ha ha i was trying to figure out if it was a girls tee or a baby Gap t shirt... he wears those damn things every show.... 'euro style'

RowdyZ 08-16-2004 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah he sucked out on them. At least he diddint lay on the table and scream or do some gay wave, in fact he looked embarrassed. Hard to get mad at a guy just getting lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I noticed he didn't do that arm flex point at himself thing he does alot either. I guess he was afraid somebody might slap that smirk off his face.

niagarapoker 08-16-2004 08:17 AM

I'll just mention again, for the record, that he looks so good doing that.

Easy E 08-16-2004 09:32 AM

Check my TV listing post

for the scheduled replays. There are a lot.

Beavis68 08-16-2004 02:24 PM

Re: Check my TV listing post

I agree with Freddy Deeb on Gus, I can never understand how that guy wins. All in on a pair of 7s nine kicker - nice hand buddy.

benfranklin 08-16-2004 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a little old for you, isn't he [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]