Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Life Aquatic was underrated. . . . (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=271926)

glen 06-13-2005 01:05 PM

Life Aquatic was underrated. . . .

huge wes anderson fan, but for some reason I was busy when Life aquatic came out, and actually just got around to seeign it due to mediocre reviews. The movie was, in fact, excellent. I imagine it will probably peak around the fifth time I watch it. I got it on netflix but plan to buy it soon. . . how did people not love this movie?

jakethebake 06-13-2005 01:13 PM

Re: Life Aquatic was underrated. . . .

[ QUOTE ]
how did people not love this movie?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it blew.

glen 06-13-2005 01:22 PM

did you think rushmore and tenenbaums blew as well?

jakethebake 06-13-2005 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did you think rushmore and tenenbaums blew as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

rushmore > tanenbaums > aquatic

sfer 06-13-2005 01:36 PM

One of the charms of Rushmore and Bottle Rocket was that they were completely without irony and totally heartfelt, particularly if you were ever a nerdy sort of Max Fischer growing up. I just don't feel the same way about the last two.

Jett Rink 06-13-2005 01:41 PM

Hey Glen I loved the movie too. Jeff Goldblum cracked me up the way he delivers the lines "Some crooked fuckers" and "I'm so pissed I could spit."

By the way if you are a huge Wes Anderson fan I assume you've seen Bottle Rocket. It is the best one by a wide margin. You didn't mention it so I'm just wondering if you saw it and what you thought.

glen 06-13-2005 01:49 PM

yeah I'vce seen bottle rocket, but I have to say it's clearly #4 out of the 4 movies so far. Don't get me wrong it was great, but the other 3 are far superior and smarter imo. . .

jakethebake 06-13-2005 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah I'vce seen bottle rocket, but I have to say it's clearly #4 out of the 4 movies so far. Don't get me wrong it was great, but the other 3 are far superior and smarter imo. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly you're an idiot. someone please lock this thread as this has all been discussed intelligently in the past.

glen 06-13-2005 02:00 PM

please post a link to the thread where it has been discussed, you ignorant crumbum. . .

jakethebake 06-13-2005 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
please post a link to the thread where it has been discussed, you ignorant crumbum. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

use the search engine, asshat.