Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   HU Hand vs Strassa (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392142)

etizzle 12-06-2005 09:06 PM

Re: *RESULTS*

yeah but you didnt know it was fsu right?

kagame 12-06-2005 09:22 PM

what about vs a turn raise?

seems much harder to fold then

fsuplayer 12-06-2005 10:24 PM

as i mentioned above, by the time this hand went down, he knew it was me.

etizzle 12-07-2005 04:36 AM

well then yeah I like just calling down here. He wont pay you off if you pop him on the river and he certainly could have you beat. In fact you are probably only good about 1/2 the time (I dont think he would ever bluff here, or rarely if so), so that only leaves value bets from Ax hands and hands that you lose to. But, you will win enough of the time to call.

durrrr 12-07-2005 08:19 AM

does he fold AK to a river push? AQ? He must call w/ worse and fold better some % of the time im sure- however i think if he is folding AT to your river raise you should be bluff raising this river w/ any 2.

chuddo 12-07-2005 08:44 AM

some of the comments in this thread are mind-boggling. i think a number of you need to study the pictures i have posted thoroughly and think about this entire hand in greater depth.

knock yourselves out and do some math even if you want.

i could expound, but with the mhnl headsup invitational coming up, i prefer possible competition having (imo mind you) faulty analysis of situations such as this.

etizzle 12-07-2005 11:10 AM

bluffraising is fine and all but its tough to get to the river with any two cards when the guy is betting the pot on a paired board.

muzungu 12-07-2005 02:42 PM

I think the main problem with bluffraising any 2 is that AT/AJ are about the only strong hands that could fold. Anything bigger, he has priced himself in to call, b/c at this point he is tied/ahead of hands fsu might raise for value. Any smaller Ax and he is probably taking a different line somewhere.

So, if you buy that, you are hoping for AJ/AT/air (and hoping against AK/AQ/A9/A8/A6/99/88/66). If you think strassa is on air enough that you are planning to float to the river and then take it, I guess I have trouble arguing with that- it just doesn't seem like a winner. Also, with the turn pairing the board you aren't getting a whole lot of value from any draws you have while you are sticking around.

muzungu 12-07-2005 02:49 PM

1. What is going on in the second picture?

2. Math sux, I think strassa's river plan with his stronger hands is something along the lines of:

AQ or better: pot/call.
AJ/AT: pot/fold
Ax: "something else" (check/call, bet small/call, or bet small/fold, i dunno which, but not pot/fold)

AQ does not do so well raising here.

Which part of this don't you agree with?

ggbman 12-07-2005 05:49 PM

Re: HU Hand vs Strassa

Great game selection you two! I do like the way you played the hand though.