Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Did you miss me? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320400)

davidross 08-22-2005 02:08 PM

Did you miss me?

I'm back from a week of lying on a beach, eating way too much, and drinking...just the right amount. For the first time in 2 1/2 years I went 10 days without playing any poker. It was kind of nice being able to get up in the morning and going to the beach with the kids, but now I have to pay for the trip.

So what do I have to catch up on? Who had big cashes this week?

Equal 08-22-2005 02:10 PM

Re: Did you miss me?

We had three of us in the top 20 of the Party Half Million Guaranteed... none of us could take home the $165k for first though. Glad to hear you had a great trip. Where'd you go?

Jurollo 08-22-2005 02:12 PM

Colson won the Paradise Sunday Main Event yesterday
~Justin

woodguy 08-22-2005 02:30 PM

I've been running fairly good in everything but the big weekenders. I got a 1st, 3rd, 3rd and 4th in the last two weeks for just over $22K.

I would have done better in the big weekend ones but I made the mistake of having a side bet with a poster here who I won't name (but his initials are MLG), my side bets with him mean death unless its on UB.

Colson won the Paradise $100K for $30K.

TTIU is leading the Stars Tourney leaderboard points, and if he wins it stands to make some bucks in a side bet.

Sirio is selling a chunk of his action in some WPT and WCOOP events.

My dog stopped crapping on the carpet (finally)

Welcome back David.

Regards,
Woodguy

CardSharpCook 08-22-2005 02:34 PM

I suppose my 15/30 earnings have just dropped .04BB/100. Welcome back, David. Hope you enjoyed (Maine?).

CSC

DonT77 08-22-2005 02:58 PM

I almost won 2 WPT seats in one weekend.

I won a $12K WPT Package to the Borgata on Full Tilt on Saturday. Then on Sunday I was the chip leader in the $20 Aruba Rebuy on UB with 5 players remaining (first place wins the $9200 package) but I ended up 3rd, +$1400.

Easy E 08-22-2005 03:13 PM

For the first time in 2 1/2 years I went 10 days without playing any poker.

This surprised me greatly. You chose not to take any recovery breaks, or couldn't afford to?

DireWolf 08-22-2005 04:06 PM

If it was maine, Where in maine were you??

davidross 08-22-2005 08:41 PM

Clearly my being away has softened up the field for you guys [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I was curious about the stars leaderboard, isn't there a big bet out there for someone who took himself against the rest of the players?

davidross 08-22-2005 08:45 PM

The entire first year I only had 6 days I didn't play at all, I was convinced if I took any time off I'd go broke.

THe catch 22 for me is that I never feel like I need a break, I enjoy playing so much, and the times I do need the break, during a losing streak, is when I keep playing trying to snapthe bad streak.

I did go a week while I took a cruise earlier this year, and I had plannedon playing this past week, I took the laptop with me, but when I play late I sleep in, and the first morning on the beach was so great I just decided to take a break. I don't know how much I needed it, but I didn't even think about it the entire week.