Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   QQ preflop, if raised before you? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=90914)

SlyAK 06-02-2004 04:22 PM

QQ preflop, if raised before you?

Dumb quick question.... Decent player (a little loose... but not too much, and aggressive) raises 4x PF from EP... folded to you. You are in LP with QQ, do you call, or re-raise.. and why?

Sly

Richie Rich 06-02-2004 04:52 PM

Re: QQ preflop, if raised before you?

Re-raise for more information, especially since you've got position. Unless you're up against a loose/maniac player, I usually respect such a raise from EP. At this point you're a big underdog to AA/KK, coin flip against AK, and tied with QQ. Would he have made this move with JJ/AQ? Possible, but not probable. When you add up all the possibilities, you're actually a slight underdog.

If he has KK/QQ, then your PF raise may make him fold if an A falls on the flop. He may even muck QQ on the flop unless a Q falls. You see where I'm going with this?... Take advantage of your position.

If he comes over the top, then you can safely say that he's probably got AA/KK and lay your ladies down. Is a lot cheaper to find out this way than to call him down (or go all-in) when the community cards are laid out.

richmhv 06-02-2004 06:15 PM

I'd reraise and put him to the test, could be an Ax or a smaller pair. Only AA and KK are better now.

fnurt 06-02-2004 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He may even muck QQ on the flop unless a Q falls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be a very interesting situation indeed if a Q came on the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Richie Rich 06-02-2004 07:15 PM

Re: I know, I know...

Tried to edit...but it was too late [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

cornell2005 06-02-2004 07:50 PM

as usual i guess i agree with richie. reraise everytime in this situation, and even in some less perfect situations. not a min raise but nothign crazy either. its much less costly to raise here for information than to get it during the rest of the hand. remember, if he comes over the top, dont automatically fold, keep in mind set odds

bunky9590 06-02-2004 10:23 PM

Call. DO NOT RE RAISE!!!!

If he is aggressive, let him be. If he doesn't need AA or KK to make this play, let the flop come low, and put him to the test there. You can see a flop for 4x the BB, see it and play on from there. If the flop comes Ace or Kingless. You can put him to the test WITH POSITION!

Gremlin 06-02-2004 11:01 PM

Raise, it's not even close. Ignore him ^

1800GAMBLER 06-02-2004 11:04 PM

Call. Checkfold any flops with an A or K and just call your stack in on the flop.

Prevaricator 06-02-2004 11:06 PM

I agree with bunky. In NL ring game, just call. In a tournament however, I'd probably move in under most circumstances.