Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Forgetable, but poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=337832)

BottlesOf 09-15-2005 10:57 PM

Forgetable, but poker

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>......

Grisgra 09-15-2005 10:59 PM

Re: Forgetable, but poker

What was your plan if you didn't hit on the turn? Because god knows button isn't just folding to your bet.

BottlesOf 09-15-2005 11:02 PM

It depends what hit, but almost definitely checking, watching and deciding.

mr pink 09-15-2005 11:10 PM

i dunno. this looks like a good way to loose the most when you're behind to me. any read on the button?

BottlesOf 09-15-2005 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i dunno. this looks like a good way to loose the most when you're behind to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at least I was doing something well.

[ QUOTE ]
any read on the button?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Just thought he might not like his hand given the board.

MarkD 09-15-2005 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>......

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I hate every street.

I would raise or fold pre-flop. I have never liked limping pre-flop with A9o and it's just not something I like to do.

I don't understand what your flop bet is designed to do. Well, I think that I do undertand it but I don't like it. You bet expecting to get raised to thin this field out. You forgot one thing though... you don't have a hand.

Turn is a great check/call or check/fold if UTG check raises.

mr pink 09-15-2005 11:19 PM

i'm kinda confused by your flop bet.

i guess you were hoping he's raise overs without a big ace?

also, if you thought he would raise overs, why not check/call the turn and let him bluff at it? it's not like a free card is a disaster here.

imported_leader 09-15-2005 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your river plan?

BottlesOf 09-15-2005 11:23 PM

I think I should've checked the turn.

MarkD 09-15-2005 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your river plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what happened on the turn?

I think you missed understood my post. I'm only going to be on the river if it's one bet on the turn and I'm going to try and find a way for one bet to go in on the river... whatever I decide is best.