Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Authors and WSOP bracelets? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407199)

jacattac 12-29-2005 04:08 PM

Authors and WSOP bracelets?

This is probably the wrong place to post this but, How many bracelets have David, Ed, Mason ect.. and the rest of the boys that have authored books here won.

I know that for the most part they are cash game players, just wondering if any have WSOP wins. Is there a website that shows all the past winners?

Thanks

jacattac 12-29-2005 04:19 PM

Re: Authors and WSOP bracelets?

Well I answered my own question. David won 2 events in 1982 draw high and mixed doubles...I don't even know what those games are. 1983 he won the Ohmaha limit tourney. No other authors have won at the WSOP, and I have no clue how many other cashes David may have.

12-29-2005 04:24 PM

Most 2+2 Authors (excluding Harrington) don't play a lot of WSOP tourneys.

slavic 12-29-2005 04:26 PM

Didn't Zee when player of the year playing tournies? I seem to remember him showing Aces after a raise to solidify winning that honor. Plus a car. I could have the story wrong though since I really don't follow tourney play (at all, ever).

Gallopin Gael 12-29-2005 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No other authors have won at the WSOP

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone might want to tell Dan Harrington that.

jacattac 12-29-2005 05:55 PM

I forgot about Harrington, good catch. Why don't they play in WSOP events? Every big name seems to play in the final event, or other events, including most of the "big game" players. A lot of those big time players put a lot of respect in those who have won bracelets.

Also, how much are David, Mason, Ed ect...pulling down a year in the cash games?

Rudbaeck 12-29-2005 06:24 PM

It seems Sklansky is a regular in the 300/600 games or so. Neither he nor Malmuth play anywhere near full time any more. Running 2+2 just takes too much time.

Atleast Sklansky plays play occasional WSOP event, and was playing (and winning iirc) the Author invitational WPT event last year.

Being the foremost theorist doesn't necessarily mean you are the best in practice. Having even a single weakness will eventually be a problem when the opposition gets tough enough and the fish few enough. (I have no idea of any specific weakness, but lets say that Sklansky isn't among the top 20 'tell spotters' in the world. That might be enough to keep him from being a winner at the 2000/4000 tables in the long run.)

Mike Haven 12-29-2005 06:34 PM

The Hendon Mob has probably the most information on players' tournament successes.