Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Fundamental Theorem / Hand reading from 2+2 Table (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343696)

NateDog 09-24-2005 09:12 PM

Fundamental Theorem / Hand reading from 2+2 Table

This is from late Friday night. The table had been short (4 handed I think) and was filling back up. Everyone is getting a little frisky on the button, but postflop play has been pretty solid. The villain in this hand, who's Party handle I do not recognize (it's an astronaut) has been playing very aggressive PF, and tends to attack on the turn. As a little twist, I'm going to show you his cards and keep mine hidden. I think the table sees me as a little too LAG PF, and way too LAG post-flop (checkraise bluff caps and such). I have shown down my fair share of winners, but most of those have been played very passively.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2 cards. BB holds 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB

MrWookie47 09-24-2005 09:16 PM

Re: Fundamental Theorem / Hand reading from 2+2 Table

In white:

<font color="white">I'll go with KJ. K2 is a remote possibility, but just about any other hand would have been played poorly by you.</font>

stuartharris 09-24-2005 09:19 PM

Based on the flop and turn 3-bets, I have you AA, KK, or JJ. The river call makes me think AA; of course, I don't see BB raising on a wheel draw either, so you could still have JJ or KK.

NateDog 09-24-2005 09:20 PM

Wookie

1) no
2) usually.

NateDog 09-24-2005 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the flop and turn 3-bets, I have you AA, KK, or JJ. The river call makes me think AA; of course, I don't see BB raising on a wheel draw either, so you could still have JJ or KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

The BB thinks I'm a jackass and have quite literally 2 cards. He's not raising the flop on a wheel draw, he's raising a made hand.

09-24-2005 09:23 PM

I'll say KJ or AKs KQs clubs.

MrWookie47 09-24-2005 09:25 PM

Usually, as in, you usually play badly?

Actually, there's one more hand that you might have played properly, again in white:

<font color="white"> Ducks. </font>

Edited for typo.

NateDog 09-24-2005 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not saying you are right, but does my play fit that? My play in this hand (PF included) is pretty straight-forward. No tricks.

NateDog 09-24-2005 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Usually, as in, you usually play badly?

Actually, there's one more hand that you might have playd properly, again in white:

<font color="white"> Ducks. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I usually play poorly. Come on, you've had me to your right at a 2+2 table. As for the other, NH sir.

09-24-2005 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not saying you are right, but does my play fit that? My play in this hand (PF included) is pretty straight-forward. No tricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

6 handed. Hero raises, gets called. I think any one is possible. I think if you had KK, JJ you wouldn't be slowing on the river. AA, I could probably add to the list.