Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   "I get wet at the tought of donk betting" ---Villian (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392759)

Alobar 12-06-2005 04:54 PM

\"I get wet at the tought of donk betting\" ---Villian

villian is the "I get wet at the thought of donk betting" type. Ive seen him donk TP, middle pair, and some draws. He seems pretty passive other htan that, and havent seen him 3 bet a raise, or redonk the turn.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Spicymoose 12-06-2005 04:58 PM

Re: I cant think of an interesting title

I think this might be fine. If the turn wasn't an 8, I would bet again. I hate the 8 because so many of his straight draws now have you beat.

NLSoldier 12-06-2005 05:02 PM

i like it.

Peter 12-06-2005 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I get wet at the thought of donk betting"

[/ QUOTE ]

This didn't qualify as an interesting title?
I'd play it the same.

Peter

Wynton 12-06-2005 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the "I get wet at the thought of donk betting" type

[/ QUOTE ]

There's your title.

Oh yeah, nh too.

Spicymoose 12-06-2005 05:10 PM

For everyone who likes it (which everyone should), do you bet the turn if the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] had come instead?

12-06-2005 05:10 PM

Looks great, was there a particular street that concerned you?

The river is scary with the flush and straight, but given you checked the turn I have a hard time believing he wouldn't come out firing on the river if he'd made a monster (since there's no clear check/raise opportunity).

TStoneMBD 12-06-2005 05:10 PM

i like the flop raise againt a passive player wholl give you the free card. if you dont pair/straight up on the turn take it. river is a good bet.

Alobar 12-06-2005 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I get wet at the thought of donk betting"

[/ QUOTE ]

This didn't qualify as an interesting title?
I'd play it the same.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the suggestion! tittle changed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

DeathDonkey 12-06-2005 05:23 PM

Re: \"I get wet at the tought of donk betting\" ---Villian

I almost always just call on these flops now. But that's what I'd do with aces too.

-DeathDonkey