Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Minn/Pit referees (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400794)

pudley4 12-18-2005 02:34 PM

Minn/Pit referees

Twice they've huddled and (correctly) overturned the initial penalty call.

Impressive.

McGahee 12-18-2005 02:37 PM

Re: Minn/Pit referees

Yeah, I hate Randy Cross and NFL refs but they're both doing a good job so far.

IggyWH 12-18-2005 02:38 PM

I see Cowher saying it with his hands what I've been saying the whole time. How is that not Randle El blocked into the ball?

Anyways, Randle El is such a [censored] and a horrible player. Thank God he's a FA so we can be rid of that midget, he does nothing but make costly mistakes.

mostsmooth 12-18-2005 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see Cowher saying it with his hands what I've been saying the whole time. How is that not Randle El blocked into the ball?

Anyways, Randle El is such a [censored] and a horrible player. Thank God he's a FA so we can be rid of that midget, he does nothing but make costly mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]
he svcks

Edge34 12-18-2005 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that not Randle El blocked into the ball? Its because HE INITIATED THE CONTACT. Then he fell down and the ball bounced off him. Vikes ball.

Of course, I don't see how you can call him a horrible player. After you guys decided to let your young, big, speedy receiver go to the Giants, he's what you have to play. He's a QB by nature, and he's still a decent special teams player.

IggyWH 12-18-2005 04:09 PM

1)While he might have initiated contact, the fact that he was blocked to the ground still applies. Just like on a punt return when a gunner pushes a blocker into the ball. The blocker is initiating contact there also.

2)Randle El MIGHT be a 3rd receiver, but he's nowhere near a 2nd receiver. I was not happy when they let Burress go and they did nothing to try and replace him.

pudley4 12-18-2005 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1)While he might have initiated contact,

[/ QUOTE ]

Immediate penalty - you can't call for a fair catch, and then initiate contact (i.e. block).

12-18-2005 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1)While he might have initiated contact, the fact that he was blocked to the ground still applies. Just like on a punt return when a gunner pushes a blocker into the ball. The blocker is initiating contact there also.

2)Randle El MIGHT be a 3rd receiver, but he's nowhere near a 2nd receiver. I was not happy when they let Burress go and they did nothing to try and replace him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cedric Wilson.

Nevermind. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

IggyWH 12-18-2005 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1)While he might have initiated contact,

[/ QUOTE ]

Immediate penalty - you can't call for a fair catch, and then initiate contact (i.e. block).

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but they didn't call that. This isn't basketball, they don't make a noncall because both were at fault.