Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Bellagio vs. Wynn vs. MGM - picks and pans (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=240806)

NoRiverRats 04-27-2005 12:33 PM

Bellagio vs. Wynn vs. MGM - picks and pans

Thanks to Dynasty and other for giving us a peek at the new Bellagio room. For those of us who long to be in Vegas but have to wait until June, I thought I'd start this thread (a day early I know - but damn, I don't have enough poker content in my life) so all local 2 plus 2ers can post their thoughts on what's good and bad about the three rooms. I know there has been lots written about the new MGM, but I'm sure many will be interested in how the three compare to eachother. Post away....

private joker 05-02-2005 09:00 PM

Re: Bellagio vs. Wynn vs. MGM - picks and pans

I have a question about MGM -- I'm going there this weekend to play, and I was wondering what the wait times were like. Anyone with experience there wanna give me a ballpark? I'm talking 4/8 & 6/12, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday day.

Should I plan on getting there an hour before I'm going to play and then go eat with the pager? Or should I get there assuming I can get a seat in 15 minutes?

Howard Burroughs 05-03-2005 07:15 AM

Hi PJ,

It depends. I've seen hour waits for 4-8 and 6-12 and I've seen much shorter waits. All in all, expect to wait a while.

I've seen 37 people on the wait list for the 1&2 blind NL on the weekend.

I love the room though. YMMV.

Best of Luck

Howard

radek2166 05-03-2005 09:44 AM

Longest I have waited is 20 minutes for 4/8. 1/2
NL I alot longer.

Altaslim 05-03-2005 10:39 AM

I was in Vegas all last week. MGM turned out to be my favorite room. I played at different times throughout the day and never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a table. I played 4/8 and 6/12. One of the 4/8 tables agreed to add a full kill and that one was truly awesome!!! 6 way PF caps with things like J9 off!

MisterKing 05-03-2005 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question about MGM -- I'm going there this weekend to play, and I was wondering what the wait times were like. Anyone with experience there wanna give me a ballpark? I'm talking 4/8 & 6/12, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday day.

Should I plan on getting there an hour before I'm going to play and then go eat with the pager? Or should I get there assuming I can get a seat in 15 minutes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Joker -- good luck this weekend... I'm heading out in early June and would love to hear your thoughts on the 6/12 game at MGM if you get a chance to play in it. I plan on this being my "main game" while in Vegas, though the 8/16 with all $2 chips at Wynn sounds like its got a lot of gamb00L, so I'll have to check that out too.

Also, for those that have played MGM -- maybe this is posted elsewhere and I missted it -- is the buy in for the 1/2 NL game $100? If so (yuck!) are there any 1/2 games with 200+ buy-ins? Maybe Mandalay? I know excalibur, ballys, and Aladdin are capped at $100, and I think Luxor (never worth playing anyhow) is capped at 50 with the chance to buy 50 more when you hit 49.

Tilty McTilterson 05-03-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, for those that have played MGM -- maybe this is posted elsewhere and I missted it -- is the buy in for the 1/2 NL game $100? If so (yuck!) are there any 1/2 games with 200+ buy-ins? Maybe Mandalay? I know excalibur, ballys, and Aladdin are capped at $100, and I think Luxor (never worth playing anyhow) is capped at 50 with the chance to buy 50 more when you hit 49.

[/ QUOTE ]

The max buy in at the MGM is $200. The Wynn 1/2 NL game has no max buy in. People bought in for between $100-$400, with most people buying in for $200.

edtost 05-03-2005 03:10 PM

i think the binions 1/2 nl game is uncapped as well, or at least it used to be.

Photoc 05-03-2005 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the binions 1/2 nl game is uncapped as well, or at least it used to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

It still is. So is the Sahara.

SinCityGuy 05-03-2005 05:23 PM

I stopped by the Wynn poker room yesterday afternoon, and after all the pre-opening hype, I was underwhelmed.

The room was over half empty, and the largest game going was a shorthanded 40-80 game. There were more 4-8 games than anything else.

It's probably too early to say, but I really don't think that the Wynn room is going to have any significant impact on the Bellagio or Mirage.