Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   4 handed PL J9s (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=300024)

fsuplayer 07-25-2005 11:43 AM

4 handed PL J9s

4 handed PL $2k game

utg (terrible L/P) limps, button (rwj123, hes a 45/6/1.5....so kinda weak passive, but not retarded.) minraises, sb folds, i call with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], utg calls.

flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i check, utg bets $20, rwj123 calls, I call. im pretty sure utg has about nothing, and rwj most likely has a draw, maybe AK. most likely not KQ or an overpair. maybe a small chance of a set, though he's not a cronic slowplayer.

turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i chk, utg bets 20, rwj123 raises the full pot to $355, he has 1600 left after the raise.

whats my move here?

thanks?

fsuplayer

xorbie 07-25-2005 12:03 PM

Re: 4 handed PL J9s

His hand range is probably AJ, AK (would he really raise so big though?), J9, KJ, . I see no reason not to get all in here, because any J, 9, A or [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] makes one of you not so comfortable on the river.

How about making it like $900 here? Leave him with $1000 he has to call on the river, and make it look like a "resteal but with enough left to fold if he pushes" type raise. Unfortunatly, you give him 3:1 plus 5:1 in implied odds, which is just about exactly enough if he does happen to have [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draw. You can also just raise pot and then push the tiny bit you have left on the river.

hit_the_set 07-25-2005 12:25 PM

Push. Having played with Villain before, she is more likely to payoff your straight here. What are the chances of villain having A J? I would think villain would raise more than the minimum from button with a hand like A J. More likely that villain has something like K Q or K 10!

aggie 07-25-2005 12:34 PM

I push. You're chances of getting called by a worse hand are far greater than your chances of running into AJ IMO

Popinjay 07-25-2005 02:31 PM

Fold. You've got horrific pot odds against a passive player making a big move.

TheWorstPlayer 07-25-2005 02:36 PM

Are you seeing the same hand I'm seeing where OP has the second nuts?

fsuplayer 07-25-2005 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are joking right?

this is 4 handed.

the question i was asking is raise or call. folding is out of the question.

Popinjay 07-25-2005 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are joking right?

this is 4 handed.

the question i was asking is raise or call. folding is out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man you just wait until the results are posted. Then we'll see who's joking.

TonyBlair 07-25-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the question i was asking is raise or call. folding is out of the question

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because you KNOW you are winning or because you can't fold this YET?

Personally I like to call here. Maybe I'm weak (though that's not my usual game) but calling here will give you a whole load of info with which to make your next decision. If I raise, it's all-in. I've been burnt in similar situation though. Yes, sometimes it just happens, but often there's a better way to go.

fsuplayer 07-25-2005 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the question i was asking is raise or call. folding is out of the question

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because you KNOW you are winning or because you can't fold this YET?

[/ QUOTE ]

well a little of both.

i have to play his range of hands that he could reasonably hold here.

if i call, its bc i think he only calls with the nuts and folds most everything else if I raise, including two pair hands.

if i raise, its bc I think its more likely that he'll call with hands that I beat.

if I raise and he folds everything but AJ and J9, then its not a good move, right? (assuming he doesnt have a draw a good amount of the time, which I dont think this player does).