Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   2+2 Tourney - Hand 3 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396956)

Aaron W. 12-12-2005 04:59 PM

2+2 Tourney - Hand 3

I think I was starting to get a little too trigger happy. I think I should have mucked with the ace limping in ahead of me.

Check the river?

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low - Level II (25/50), Ante 5, Bring-In 10 (converter)

Seat 2: 1,645
Seat 3: 1,728
Seat 4: 1,799
Hero: 1,719
Seat 6: 492
Seat 8: 1,617

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (3.60 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (2.80 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (2.80 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

River - (2.80 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (4.80 BB)

imported_getfunky 12-12-2005 05:05 PM

Re: 2+2 Tourney - Hand 3

no offense but I think you could wait for a much better high hand than that!

jon_1van 12-12-2005 05:11 PM

This is an iffy hand.

It depends alot on what seat 3 has been doing.

The limp from 3 was kinda wierd. This should be an auto raise as long as his hole cards are better than 39o .

I honestly don't like the raise because it will just make the hand "more important". If you want to play, limp in, and bet if he catches something ugly (and checks to you). Fold if he bets out after catching a baby.

Spladle Master 12-13-2005 10:02 AM

Sickeningly bad. Fold third, bet fifth, bet sixth, check river.

blumpkin22 12-13-2005 10:11 AM

Yeah I agree with the others, I don't get this one. I think this is a fold, but maybe you could limp in and try and pick up the pot on 4th. It depends on the player with the A up.

mscags 12-13-2005 02:57 PM

You're right, with that Ace limping, I would just muck this on third. The rest looks fine although I would definitely bet sixth when you catch the open queens. I'm not so sure about a river bet, any sane opponent can put you on your hand (Kings up actually most of the time), but if I think the opponent will make some bad river calls then I might ber it.

Andy B 12-14-2005 12:06 AM

This kind of hand is playable only as a steal. Obviously, with an Ace limping in, you're not stealing much of anything. Apart from that, I'd definitely bet sixth. As for fourth and fifth, I'm reminded of the anecdote--I think it's in the original Super/System--where Sklansky watches someone blow a big high-low pot. The guy turns to Sklansky and asks, "how would you have played it?" Sklansky says, "I don't know--I've never played a hand like that before."