Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Anyone here listen to Tom Leykis? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408000)

DDC67 12-30-2005 10:11 PM

Anyone here listen to Tom Leykis?

This guy is funny. He's doing the year end best of...
and had people call in with there kids. 8 year old boy ask what he thinks about girls, boy says their biotches. i almost choked on my sandwich. and then at the end of the call, the 8 year old says, "take me out with a bong hit."
people who know this show know what i'm talking about. i was almost crying i was laughing so hard.

happy new year all.

Dave

edfurlong 12-30-2005 10:20 PM

Re: Anyone here listen to Tom Leykis?

Stream

I could only get it to work with internet explorer.

DDC67 12-30-2005 10:23 PM

i hope a few people here this guy's show..lmao

B Dids 12-30-2005 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hope nobody here likes this guy's show... if they did I would lmao at them because they're [censored] morons

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

12-30-2005 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i hope nobody here likes this guy's show... if they did I would lmao at them because they're [censored] morons

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids, this show is mostly for people who get chicks. I am not suprised it is lost on you. Give it a shot, you will get more tail.

Blarg 12-30-2005 11:17 PM

It can be damn funny sometimes, and they guy is right on about all the crazy laws regarding who gets custody of kids, and how easy it is to be roped into paying child support for a kid who isn't even your own. He's a smug, annoying a-hole a lot of the time, of course.

B Dids 12-30-2005 11:22 PM

The guy seems like a rabid msyognist from everything I've heard. He tops that off with sounding like he's got the IQ of somebody who went to an ever worse school that UMASS.

surfinillini 12-30-2005 11:23 PM

i would listen if there were more minutes of radio show than commercials, but we don't live in a perfect world.

it's like 5 minutes of talk, 15 minutes of commercial, 15 minutes of talk, and then 25 minutes of commercials.

[censored] brutal

Blarg 12-30-2005 11:36 PM

Yeah Howard Stern can be the same way on the commercials.

B Dids 12-30-2005 11:40 PM

Almost any radio program has a similar commercial format. The sports radio station I listen to went to a format that has more commericals for less time and it's a lot nicer.

surfinillini 12-30-2005 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah Howard Stern can be the same way on the commercials.

[/ QUOTE ]

well today was his last show (actually it was best of) on reg. radio and I bought sirius radio for christmas, hooked it up in my car and seriously have not turned on any other radio station since.

I have like 20 presets of commercial free, non edited music and it's freakin awesome. I also get NFL and NBA games and can record them for playback.

stern is just a bonus at this point

(not meant to hijack this thread)

Blarg 12-30-2005 11:56 PM

How long is Stern's show going to be now that it's not padded out by commercials?

surfinillini 12-31-2005 12:02 AM

I honestly have no clue - I think 3 hours

mike l. 12-31-2005 04:01 AM

he gets brutally ripped on phil hendrie show all the time and deservedly so. the guy is a major tool.

shant 12-31-2005 04:44 AM

I can't stand this guy's voice or really lame sense of humor. The guys that call into his show are even lamer.

TAKE ME OUT WITH A KOBE BUTT JOKE AND A BONG RIP TOM!

WTF is that about?

SheetWise 12-31-2005 05:42 AM

I knew Tom when he was with KFYI in Phoenix -- late 80's, early 90's -- he's a smart guy. His libertarian stuff is for real, the rest is for audience. He's not sophomoric any more or less than Stern -- just building an audience. He's had bad luck with women (?!), and he's a shy guy (for real) -- and as much as I disagree with most of what he believes he's a very honest guy if confronted in an honest way. If confronted with anything less than honesty, Tom will point his view at 180 sampled every 5 seconds -- and he's quite capable of holding that heading while hosting a Buckley or a Kennedy.

bernie 12-31-2005 03:47 PM

Tom rocks!

Personally, I like alot of his non-relationship topics better as he has some great points of views.

He's not a misogynist. He just happens to call women on their crap.

I think alot of OOT'ers could use Leykis101. But then many seem to like drama in their relationships.

b

DDC67 12-31-2005 06:12 PM

i did a seach prior to posting and was surprised not to find anything on this topic in the last 5 months. This guy's target audience is 18-25 males. He has a lot of valid stuff to say to the younger men and women. It's humorous to hear some of the people that call in. The bottom line is he is a entertainer and is making some good scratch talking about stuff he talks about. BTW, thanks all for responding.

Blarg 12-31-2005 06:20 PM

I don't think he's a mysogynist either, though he may be a bit of a misanthrope. I also think he's smart, but smug as hell, absurdly self-congratulatory, and often annoying. And that cheesy FM voice bit that he never managed to drop has really gotta go.

27offsuit 12-31-2005 11:47 PM

Tom's a great guy....

"Tom Leykis, 47, was busted in December 1993 after his then-wife Susan told cops that he struck her in the head with a drinking glass during an argument in their home. Leykis then allegedly "pushed the victim's head into a brick fireplace" and "threatened to kill her," according to the below Boston Police incident report, which notes that officers observed a large bump on Susan Leykis's head as well as scratch marks on one forearm. After a complaint application was filed in Boston Municipal Court, Leykis was formally charged with felony assault and battery and threatening to commit a crime, a misdemeanor. In March 1994, Leykis, who then worked for a Boston radio station, was placed on pre-trial probation and ordered to attend a batterer's program. After Leykis successfully completed a year's probation and the domestic violence class, the criminal charges were dismissed in March 1995."