Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   10/20 KJ play along (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405104)

jason_t 12-25-2005 08:28 PM

10/20 KJ play along

A TAG raises in MP1, there are four cold callers including an LPP fish OTB and another LPP fish in the SB. I call in the BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Flop: (12 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000ff">(6 players)</font>
SB checks

12-25-2005 08:38 PM

Re: 10/20 KJ play along

easy c/r, no?

Azhrarn 12-25-2005 08:40 PM

Interesting. That's a very dry board. I like a check and see what develops. If the TAG bets and there are at least a couple of callers, I want to checkraise. If one of the loose-passives raise, I may just call. If it's checked around to a late position bettor, I may just call and donk the turn.

An interesting aspect of this hand is better kings may be hesitant to play back at us if we checkraise because we can represent a two since we're the BB.

hobbsmann 12-25-2005 08:54 PM

Check with the intention of folding/calling/raising depending on what develops behind you.

Jake (The Snake) 12-25-2005 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

easy c/r, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably depends on who bets. There's really not much reason to raise if somebody from late position bets because nobody who is behind has significant outs against Hero. Ax has 3 outs, pocket pairs have 2 outs, other hands have 0 outs.

The check is easy though imo. But I just know there are people thinking, "Bet hoping the PFR raises to blow away the field."

12-25-2005 09:15 PM

I check this and just call a bet.

thejameser 12-25-2005 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check with the intention of folding/calling/raising depending on what develops behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

toss 12-25-2005 11:08 PM

Same as Hobbs.

shant 12-26-2005 12:31 AM

I do believe you mean a

two.
way.
check.

BOOM!

Edit: shant. Adding no content to threads since 2004.

private joker 12-26-2005 02:05 AM

Stop. Stop. Stop betting flops hoping a worse hand raises to blow away the field. This is a check.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

W. Deranged 12-26-2005 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do believe you mean a

two.
way.
check.

BOOM!

Edit: shant. Adding no content to threads since 2004.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to say that I really like the term "two-way check."

And I like it here.

kpux 12-26-2005 02:53 AM

Check. If TAG knows you're a TAG, he knows there's no way you're betting anything less than a K here and he won't raise with a worse hand to blow away the field. So hope he bets QQ/JJ/whatever here and you can get extra money from people behind him drawing slim.

jba 12-26-2005 03:07 AM

word on the 2-way check

bisonbison 12-26-2005 09:04 AM

I just wanted to say that I really like the term "two-way check."

It's an action that clearly needs a verb, but it'd be better if it was a little smoother to say. It needs to sum up "I check without committing myself to any particular future action."

I'd suggest 'flat-check' or 'Slovak' (the latter is best envisioned being yelled by a drunk 2+2er at a B&amp;M table while he pounds his palm on the felt).

12-26-2005 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's an action that clearly needs a verb

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about it for a while but everything I came up with was two way lame.

But maybe this has an ounce of respectability.

The CHAZ.
Ch-Check
A-and
Z-see

Then again, maybe not.

EDIT: In this hand, I like the chaz on the flop.

Meh.

shant 12-26-2005 02:12 PM

Why don't we call it the "holla back" because that's what Fabulous would send bitches on his "two-way" when he wanted to "check" in on them, and you're looking to gain info and have your opponents send info back to you.

Plus that'd be a lot of fun to see 2+2ers slam the table and yell.

12-26-2005 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I just know there are people thinking, "Bet hoping the PFR raises to blow away the field."

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this at first. Then I thought that there's no reason to want this. Mind you, 3-outers are getting odds to call behind MP1. No better draws exist (except a broadway A having a backdoor straight draw also). I like c/r most of the time. Anybody fold to a 3-bet?

private joker 12-26-2005 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's an action that clearly needs a verb, but it'd be better if it was a little smoother to say. It needs to sum up "I check without committing myself to any particular future action."

I'd suggest 'flat-check' or 'Slovak' (the latter is best envisioned being yelled by a drunk 2+2er at a B&amp;M table while he pounds his palm on the felt).

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me your return to the forum is permanent, rather than a week of furious posting followed by another 5 months of absolute silence

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

bisonbison 12-26-2005 04:37 PM

I can make no promises, but I'm feeling pretty good about poker right now. I'm a little rusty after taking a pretty much total break from taking poker seriously for half a year, but I've played more hands in the last 3 days than I had in the last 7 months and am pretty pleased with what I have managed to retain.

If I can put in a few hours a week and stay happy playing, I should be back at 2/4 by the end of February.

Entity 12-26-2005 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can make no promises, but I'm feeling pretty good about poker right now. I'm a little rusty after taking a pretty much total break from taking poker seriously for half a year, but I've played more hands in the last 3 days than I had in the last 7 months and am pretty pleased with what I have managed to retain.

If I can put in a few hours a week and stay happy playing, I should be back at 2/4 by the end of February.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome back.

BigBrother 12-26-2005 05:15 PM

I check and wait to see what develops.

[ QUOTE ]

An interesting aspect of this hand is ... the fishy cold-callers can represent a two since they are fishy cold-callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

12-26-2005 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But I just know there are people thinking, "Bet hoping the PFR raises to blow away the field."

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this at first. Then I thought that there's no reason to want this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto ditto.

[ QUOTE ]
I like c/r most of the time. Anybody fold to a 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, peel and check-fold UI.

What to do when it's two back is a trickier question.

Fryguy 12-26-2005 10:36 PM

If we check and it's 2 back to us, we are good approximately 0% of the time.

Azhrarn 12-27-2005 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If we check and it's 2 back to us, we are good approximately 0% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is true. The pre-flop raiser may make a continuation bet with a lot of hands, and even a loose-passive will probably raise here with a king. And a loose-passive is coldcalling pre-flop with a lot of kings we're ahead of. And a more aggressive coldcaller may raise the flop with a pocket pair below kings.