Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Another tough AI call decision early (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=348934)

sirio11 10-02-2005 05:52 PM

Another tough AI call decision early

100k guaranteed Paradise. You have Kd8c in the BB with a 1500 stack. Blinds 15-30, UTG calls, LB completes, you check.

Flop: Td8d3d

You bet 70 into the 90 pot and UTG goes all in, he covers you.

Call or fold?

C-Dog 10-02-2005 05:59 PM

Re: Another tough AI call decision early

I dont see why this one is so tough? Looks like an instamuck to me.

C-Dog

Exitonly 10-02-2005 06:01 PM

pair and 2nd nut flush draw isn't instamuch... but i think it is a muck... if you were the one pushing it'd be better.. w/ fold equity and such.

bobbycharles 10-02-2005 06:02 PM

Fold.
I put him on AdX with the X possibly a pair. Second guess is T8 off and he's trying to bet you off a flush draw.

Crispy 10-02-2005 06:02 PM

I know you flopped a very attractive hand. But think about what villan might be doing this with. Lets say he does this with the A of diamond, that means ur drawing dead to those d outs. He could be doing this with a 10, set, two pair but no D of which you have a 30% to fill up. I think that you can find a better spot to try and double up. If you had the Ad then maybe I could see calling here.

C-Dog 10-02-2005 06:03 PM

The pot is really tiny, and you could be drawing completely dead. I can't ever see calling here, but most of you are better tourney players than I am. I would love to hear some more reasoning for making a call here.

C-Dog

sirio11 10-02-2005 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

C-Dog

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have AsAc instead of the Kd8c, you call? or it's an instamuck also?

Crispy 10-02-2005 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

C-Dog

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have AsAc instead of the Kd8c, you call? or it's an instamuck also?

[/ QUOTE ]

Instamuck. Call if you have AdAc.

C-Dog 10-02-2005 06:05 PM

I am not sure I would call with the off Aces. But its closer for me. With the Aces, there is an OK chance I am ahead, and that he is pushing with a T or a Flush draw. I cant see being ahead here, but does the draw make you a favorite over a top pair type hand?

C-Dog

Exitonly 10-02-2005 06:06 PM

That's enough w/ the instamucking... hands recquire some thought.. i don't think anyn of those situations are that clear...

even w/ AA no diamond, i might be calling there, you're 30% vs a semibluffed flush draw.