Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Party 50+5 bubble with Tens (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=348878)

Dave D 10-02-2005 04:37 PM

Party 50+5 bubble with Tens

I don't have much experiance in the 50+5s on party. My friend thinks maybe I should have layed down here? I dunno, it's tough, but for me I think it's a push here. Villian hasn't done anything out of the ordinary and it's the bubble, so all the rules sorta change anyway.

400 started, 58 left, 50 pay.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP3 (t1770)
CO (t2176)
Button (t3570)
SB (t5922)
Hero (t7130)
UTG (t9780)
UTG+1 (t6126)
UTG+2 (t13277)
MP1 (t5590)
MP2 (t5890)

UTG calls 400, 2 folds, MP1 raises to 1200, folds to hero...

I'll post results later, this is definatly not a bad beat post.

psyduck 10-02-2005 04:53 PM

Re: Party 50+5 bubble with Tens

I like smoothcalling here.

10-02-2005 04:54 PM

You are in pretty good shape here with 7k with blinds of 400. You can fold it here and just wait out those 8 remaining people to the money but... pocket tens are not a bad hand so I would call it here and push on a non scary flop. If UTG decides to move all in after my call I will fold.

So in short, call and hope for UTG to either call or fold. Best would be that he would fold since you have MP1 covered. Push to a non scary flop. You have position too after the flop.

Dave D 10-02-2005 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like smoothcalling here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna give some explanation? I think smooth calling is the worst possible thing I could do. I didn't want UTG calling, and that way i'd still have 1500 left if the OR called and I lost. When an overcard hits the flop, I have to fold? NO way. This is definatly definatly push or fold.

JustPlayingSmart 10-02-2005 06:10 PM

This is a tough spot. You have a pretty good stack at your table, and I'd hate to run into a limped UTG monster. That said, I think you have a ton of fold equity with a push, and there's a good chance that MP1 folds a lot of coinflip hands (AJ, AQ, KQ), but still might call with 77-99, so I would suck it up and push here.

Winning this pot without a showdown increases your stack by 30% and if you do lose to MP1 you still have 4 BB's, which isn't entirely hopeless. TT is usually too much hand for to me pass up.

Crispy 10-02-2005 06:18 PM

First off I would need a read on MP player. Has he been playing tight, loose etc. If he has been playing pretty tight, then you know that you will only get called down by hands that beat you, and or the coinflip situation with AK, maybe AQ. If he has been loose then I can see you taking down the hand against his lowerpairs and losing to his big ones, and again coinflipping against AK AQ. So, against a tight MP1 i fold because i would rather not be coinflipping here. Against a semiloose MP1 I push.

nath 10-02-2005 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off I would need a read on MP player. Has he been playing tight, loose etc. If he has been playing pretty tight, then you know that you will only get called down by hands that beat you, and or the coinflip situation with AK, maybe AQ. If he has been loose then I can see you taking down the hand against his lowerpairs and losing to his big ones, and again coinflipping against AK AQ. So, against a tight MP1 i fold because i would rather not be coinflipping here. Against a semiloose MP1 I push.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's tight, though, doesn't he fold to the reraise a significant percentage of the time, which improves hero's chances of taking the pot down and compensates somewhat for the tighter range of hands?

I like the all-in but I tend to err on the side of aggression, and on the bubble I'm constantly attacking.

ansky451 10-02-2005 07:00 PM

I smoothcall here, expecting the utg player to call as well. I then reevaluate on the flop.

arcticfox 10-02-2005 07:05 PM

If you smooth call here and UTG comes ofr the ride then aren't you playing for set value without the correct odds? Are you folding to any bet on a flop with an overcard? Are you folding to an all-in from MP1 on an undercard flop? Just wondering what your plan is given MP1's stack is basically pot sized if UTG calls.

Dave D 10-02-2005 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I smoothcall here, expecting the utg player to call as well. I then reevaluate on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're a good player, and I think I deserve a little more than this. I can't possibly see myself calling off 1/6th of my stack hoping for what? All undercards is going to come less than 15% of the time (I don't remember the % off hand, but I know it's 15% for jacks). I know that the OR is probably gonna push into me on teh flop, so I'm bascially calling off 1/6 of my stack to hope to be ahead <15% of the time? What if UTG comes along? I'm going to be in a situation where I'm comfortable pushing/calling a push so rarely here, that I'm basically playing it for set value? That's terrible w/ a raise on the bubble.

I'm sorry I don't have a read on the OR, but this is a 50+5 on the bubble, so I think it's safe to assume he's not a total donk.

ansky451 10-02-2005 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know you're a good player, and I think I deserve a little more than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I didn't pay attention to the details, as I am doing well in the 500k on pp right now. It's just that it's one of those situations where worse hands fold, and better ones call I think. And I dont think that you can only go broke on 3 unders, J high or Q high arent THAT bad. I suppose that a push is best though after reading the hand agian, although I'd puke on my monitor before doing it, and pray that a ten rivers.

Yuv 10-02-2005 08:35 PM

Do you want to push 10s here? I don't see any other option really. Calling would be bad, since you're probably gonna be in a multiway pot.

MP1 would really fold to a push there? If he's a tight ABC player, you're at best a coinflip. If the table is tight enough for you to steal your way into a healthier stack, I fold here.

Dave D 10-02-2005 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know you're a good player, and I think I deserve a little more than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I didn't pay attention to the details, as I am doing well in the 500k on pp right now. It's just that it's one of those situations where worse hands fold, and better ones call I think. And I dont think that you can only go broke on 3 unders, J high or Q high arent THAT bad. I suppose that a push is best though after reading the hand agian, although I'd puke on my monitor before doing it, and pray that a ten rivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I bascially reasoned that a fold from both of them wins me 5.5 bbs, about 1/3 of my stack, which is pretty good. But I knew more realistic was that the OR would call and I'd be left with at worse 4 bbs. Go hard or go home...

Here come results...

I pushed. The raiser had KK, and UTG had 99. Both called and I rivered a flush. Yay for suckouts. I made it to 16th in the tourney, and got robbed of the final table. Oh well, thanks.