Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Analysis of finish distribution (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=296871)

johnegolfer 07-20-2005 02:45 PM

Analysis of finish distribution

I realize that you will need more information to truly help me, but I don't know exactly what that information will be, so please be gentle as you look at this.

1 - 14%
2 - 18%
3 - 16%
4 - 16%
5 - 14%
6 - 13%
7 - 5%
8 - 2%
9 - 2%

My first guess is that my heads up needs improving, but can any of you guys decipher anything else from these numbers?

Thank you for your help and not killing the newbie poster too bad...

JE

Mr_J 07-20-2005 02:51 PM

Re: Analysis of finish distribution

Your ITM is 48% which either means you are a god at the $11s or your sample size is too small. I'm betting it's the latter [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Don't worry about your finish distribution yet, just keep playing.

Edited to say just realized it is at stars?? Still a pretty high itm, what's your sample size and what buyin??

mlagoo 07-20-2005 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your ITM is 48% which either means you are a god at the $11s or your sample size is too small. I'm betting it's the latter [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Don't worry about your finish distribution yet, just keep playing.

Edited to say just realized it is at stars?? Still a pretty high itm, what's your sample size and what buyin??

[/ QUOTE ]

Enh, I don't think that 48% itm is completely unrealistic. I don't have it. But at the 11s-22s, it seems plausible.

kiddj 07-20-2005 02:54 PM

Could anybody post a significant sample size finish distribution. (Just curious on what a normal/winning % would be.)

johnegolfer 07-20-2005 02:54 PM

Don't forget about the $5s! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Told you that I was a relative newbie, but I have already been chastised for sample size. Just trying to improve and wondering if the eagle eyes could see anything obvious that I couldn't (very likely...)

JE

Finally approaching 500. Pretty strict rules about switching levels, so 70/30 split between $5 and $11...

bluefeet 07-20-2005 02:56 PM

i would say you have a 48% ITM with a 30%ROI - keep rock'n!!

johnegolfer 07-20-2005 02:58 PM

I was just concerned that 5th and 6th are similar to 1st. Seems like that shouldn't be the case with a good player. Which I guess may answer my own question... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

JE

mlagoo 07-20-2005 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just concerned that 5th and 6th are similar to 1st. Seems like that shouldn't be the case with a good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think even among the best players in this forum, they would be very happy if their 6th-1st percentages were fairly level. Well, maybe they'd be happier with less 3rds and more 1sts... but don't get upset about your numbers of busting in 5th and 6th. That's pretty much how it should be.