Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Artest gone for year, other suspensions absurdly long (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=151847)

Clarkmeister 11-21-2004 06:56 PM

Artest gone for year, other suspensions absurdly long

Artest for year.

Jackson for 30 games.

O'Neil for 25 games.

Wallace for 6 games.

Pretty absurd.

Non_Comformist 11-21-2004 06:59 PM

Re: Artest gone for year, other suspensions absurdly long

Good bye Pacers, I think Jackson's is fine but I don't remember O'neal actually going into the crowd. I thought he went after a fan who came onto the court. Big difference and if I am wrong then his punishment is too harsh.

Tyler Durden 11-21-2004 06:59 PM

Yea, it's absurd that Jermaine O'Neal isn't gone for the season after he took three steps and decked a defenseless fan that posed no threat to him. He was just looking for someone to hit. It reminded me of the Rodney King riots.

Clarkmeister 11-21-2004 07:03 PM

Yeah, that innocent fan only threw a punch at Artest and tried to tackle him. No biggie, right?

Tyler Durden 11-21-2004 07:04 PM

Right.

Edge34 11-21-2004 07:08 PM

Tyler,

The "fan" O'Neal decked came onto the court. First mistake. He also was involved in some kind of conflict with other Pacers and even coaches. Second mistake.

Third mistake? He didn't watch his own ass. He got what he had coming. IF YOU ARE A SPECTATOR, YOU DO NOT GO ONTO THE COURT. IF YOU DO, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. This "fan" learned that the hard way. About time, too, if you ask me.

-Edge

mmcd 11-21-2004 07:09 PM

Boys will be boys. Give them a token slap on the wrist for causing all sorts of commotion, then move on. Contrary, apparently, to most people's view on these types of things, I actually enjoy seeeing them. Fans should get in fist fights with the away teams players more often.

Sponger15SB 11-21-2004 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark is like a 4 year old child, he doesn't get it. Just stop trying to explain this situation to him.

HDPM 11-21-2004 07:12 PM

Artests is too short, but more than I expected. Wallace's is too long. Artest should have to prove he has completed anger management, a psych eval, and followed all treatment recommendations in the psych eval before reinstatement. Artest's suspension is probably long enough to deter future riots. The situation could have turned out a lot worse.

Clarkmeister 11-21-2004 07:12 PM

I know. I'm sure you'd just sit there and let someone wail away while you did nothing to protect yourself, or your friends. That's awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]