Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   CrisBrown is the worst poster of the forums. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=134815)

Poker blog 10-11-2004 07:28 PM

CrisBrown is the worst poster of the forums.

Subject says it all really. I can't think of any other poster who consistently posts wrong, false or misleading posts that sound good. She's even worse than a troll because you could easily believe her.

nolanfan34 10-11-2004 07:44 PM

Re: CrisBrown is the worst poster of the forums.

Where do you rank then? Nice content you've added through this post.

If you think someone is making poor posts, related to strategy, then the point of this forum is to discuss and correct the errors. When I make a post about playing a certain hand, I certainly hope others will alert me to when I'm wrong.

What I would hope they don't do, is make posts like yours. Cause I already know I'm the 128th worst poster on these forums.

Boris 10-11-2004 07:48 PM

I'm not sure why you feel the need to come down so hard on crisbrown. If her posts are so far off base then it is probably good practice for you to understand why. If you think crisbrown posts are highly informative and spot on then I say welcome to the poker world. In fact the more I think about it, crisbrown might actually be one of the better posters on 2+2, just not for the same reasons S, M & Z and other bona fide experts are considered valuable posters.

Stork 10-11-2004 07:55 PM

I'd like to nominate you for the worst poster on this forum.

Blarg 10-11-2004 08:26 PM

Personal attack posts are very wrong and would really take these forums on a bad downward turn. Sole exception might be if someone is doing something like cheating on rakeback or something. That's both poker-related and important.

For what it's worth, I haven't seen any bad CrisBrown posts yet, but have seen a number of good ones. She seems quite bright, so I'm always willing to give her posts careful consideration.

sammysusar 10-11-2004 09:01 PM

hes a hell of a football player though

Tyler Durden 10-11-2004 09:24 PM

Yea, nice TD scamper w/ less than two minutes gone.

Terry Funk 10-11-2004 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Subject says it all really. I can't think of any other poster who consistently posts wrong, false or misleading posts that sound good. She's even worse than a troll because you could easily believe her.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are absolutely right. Almost all of Cris Brown's poker advice is completely wrong. When people explain to her and prove that she is mathematically wrong, she argues incessantly. El Diablo and AJo All-In can vouch for that fact.

I commend Pokerblog for his excellent post. He is helping us by warning people about the CrisBrown troll. It is good that he warns the newbies not to follow her costly advice.

If you get offended by Pokerblog's post, then tough shit. This ain't Sunday school. If you get easily offended, then I suspect you will tilt easily when someone chastises you at the poker table.

Blarg 10-11-2004 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you get offended by Pokerblog's post

[/ QUOTE ]

You're missing the big picture in a big way.

It doesn't matter who the poster is. Complaints about their logic can easily be given inside the threads objectionable material is found in. That way it's specific and arguable.

Creating attack threads doesn't address anything specific, so isn't very valuable. The topic is basically, "I don't like you." What good does that do? What bad does it do? Well, it can drag a forum down into competing bitchy sides, enemy-making, and rallying behind people, none of which has anything to do with poker and most of which is a mean-spirited waste of time.

Really, we can turn our own lives into sewers all we want. But spreading the filth doesn't help anybody.

Again, it has nothing at all to do with who the poster is, and if something that poster says bears refuting, it not only can be adequately done within that very thread, but is logically by far the best place to do it.

"Just Say No" to grudge threads and personal attack posts.

Nate tha' Great 10-11-2004 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you get offended by Pokerblog's post, then tough shit. This ain't Sunday school. If you get easily offended, then I suspect you will tilt easily when someone chastises you at the poker table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I nominate this for the worst-written paragraph in this thread.