Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Well... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389101)

QTip 12-01-2005 11:17 AM

Well...

MP2 seems good.

MP3 is semi-tight and not so good.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

brettbrettr 12-01-2005 11:23 AM

Re: Well...

I like it a lot. Obv folding to a three bet....Are you calling one bet on a blank river?

Pharity 12-01-2005 11:23 AM

standard.

nfscreech 12-01-2005 11:24 AM

Magnificant.

MP2 would have made it 3-bet pf with just about anything that beats you. The only hands I'd be worried about from him or the other tight player wouuld be ATs, but that's unlikely.

12-01-2005 11:24 AM

I'd like to think you're ahead here. I'd play it the same way.

mack848 12-01-2005 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Magnificant.

MP2 would have made it 3-bet pf with just about anything that beats you. The only hands I'd be worried about from him or the other tight player wouuld be ATs, but that's unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this play too, but could easily see MP2 cold calling KQ or QJs at 2/4.

12-01-2005 11:47 AM

Does the 4 save us or make us the 2nd best hand LOL?

What can we attribute MP2's turn raise to? If he's good, you have to put him on one of a big ace or suited broadway or maybe KQo, right? The chances of him cold-calling one opponent with A4s or 44 is pretty low, so we should be reasonably safe from the turn 4. So the turn raise suggests either a slowplayed made hand (2 pair or a big set) from the flop or an isolation raise to get us HU.

The rock is pretty passive but I'm a little concerned he calls two cold on the turn.

I don't believe either villain has a straight. So if we're behind on the river, it's to a boat. You certainly aren't betting a big hand into a fold. The passivity of MP3 suggests he'll just call, so it's down to u and MP2. I can live with your river raise on the premise that you'll get two callers if ahead, but I'm curious if you would call a re-raise back to us.

Nick C 12-01-2005 11:59 AM

I like it, although the value of the river play depends (somewhat) on whether or not the good player in MP2 will cold-call with KQo (and also whether he might do so with KK-JJ).

Anyway, here are some combos:

KQs = 2
KJs = 2
QJs = 2

ATs= 2
T9s = 4

So for that range (which is probably too narrow), a river checkraise-fold looks good with the third player involved (who you most likely have beat and who may call). Toss in KQo (9 combos) and continue to disregard KK-JJ and the play starts looking even better.

If Villain will get scared and sometimes check AK on the river, well, that's a potential drawback to the play.

But I like the play, and I'm not going to claim I would have found it during the hand. I don't look at a river card very often and think, "Cool. Now I can checkraise-fold."

QTip 12-01-2005 01:03 PM

MP2 had ATs, and I said "oh well" because that's all I ever say anymore.

Rootabager 12-01-2005 01:12 PM

Yeah but you know your only behind that one hand exactly from the pre-flop action especially if they are good players ( but it doesnt look like they are that tough)

I usually lead the river on this. Does anyone else? I want to make sure it doesnt get checked behind by something like a counterfitted jq