Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   $1k WPT sat hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=203322)

Ulysses 02-26-2005 08:40 PM

$1k WPT sat hand

$1k live sat. 86 players. 3000 starting chips. Top 8 get $10k WPT seat + $500. 9 and 10 get $1000 tourney seat.

27 players left. Blinds 400-800. You are in SB w/ about 20k. You are #2 in chips at the table, guy to your right has about 25k. Both of you are among chip leaders. Nobody else at the table has over 10k. Most players in the tournament are pretty bad.

Folded to MP who goes all-in for just over 6k. You have played with him for 45 min or so, a few orbits. He pushed on the button after a limper and in the BB after 1 limper, both times no call. He pushed once from EP and was called. He showed ATs that hand and won. Other than those three hands, he has folded.

You have 99. BB is going to fold. Call or fold?

CptMisery 02-26-2005 08:50 PM

Re: $1k WPT sat hand

Based on this scenario I fold here. You are only in for 400 chips at this point. Why put more than a quarter of your stack in when it is a possible race situation? It sounds like you have a good read on your table and are in a good chip position at this point of the tournament. There are too many hands that with a little help can beat 99 here.

ZBTHorton 02-26-2005 09:22 PM

Fold.

The only way to call this bet is if those 6000 chips are going to virtually guarentee you a seat at the final table and a pay day. Which I don't think they will YET.

youngin20 02-26-2005 09:27 PM

You already have a pretty good stack position which you have built by SKILL. Dont let this guy double his stack up with a coin flip. You really need to let this go. Keep playing you game and adding to your stack WHILE protecting your chips. Especially because an extra six k is great for him, but not that much more useful for you....I mean that in the sense that being at 26k from 20k is useful, but it is a lot worse to drop that 6k than to gain that 6k. Am i making sense here? Ive been in china for about a month and a half, so my english is getting worse and worse. If it isnt clear let me know, and I will use EV or something, cause 2+2ers apparently can only understand poker in terms of EV, and not GOOD and BAD. lol.

holla back

BK_ 02-26-2005 09:45 PM

its probably pretty close EV wise, so it all depends on what tourney EV those 7k chips bring you and what they lose you.

sdplayerb 02-26-2005 09:54 PM

I muck it.
If it is a regular tourney, it is close.
But here you are not playing for first, just top 8.
So protecting chips is much more important.
Based on range of hands, I think you are a little bit of an underdog, so the sat reasoning makes it definitive in my mind.

silversurfer 02-26-2005 10:24 PM

It's not even close. Jeopardizing your stack for 400 chips is pointless. Obviously, you are one of the better players in the tournament, continue to protect your stack until you have to build your stack further.

Classic TPfAP.

SossMan 02-26-2005 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not even close. Jeopardizing your stack for 400 chips is pointless. Obviously, you are one of the better players in the tournament, continue to protect your stack until you have to build your stack further.

Classic TPfAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I disagree with you, but the fact that he has 400 chips "invested" in the pot is irrelevant.
I fold here because it's a supersat, and chip position is important. In a regular tourney, I probably come closer to calling.

MVicuna 02-26-2005 11:51 PM

Hi,

I'm going to disagree with everyone else.

I think this is a call. This is a live event, you're only going to see around 30 more hands before you have less then 10x the BB given how fast the structure moves and how slowly the players play. The avg stack when you get into the money will be 32k so a win here will put close enough you won't have to gamble like MP is doing. If you fold you are going to have to gamble shortly anyways and you will still have most of the table covered in case you get unlucky two twice.

Later,
MarkV.

kuro 02-27-2005 02:05 AM

Re: Sossman

What do you need to call here? I'd personally call with 66-AA or AJ-AK. I think it's worth it for advertisement alone, because you're the big stack and you don't want small stacks pushing your blinds.