Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Live - Straight Draw and Overcards (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364295)

michiganlaw 10-24-2005 12:08 PM

Live - Straight Draw and Overcards

Live $2-$5 spread limit --

Villain in this hand is a solid player who I put on a made straight by the turn.

Hero is Button with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

UTG calls $2, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, folds to CO who calls, Hero calls, and the only blind calls. 6 way action.

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Blind checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $5, MP1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, Blind and UTG both call. 5-way action.

Turn: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Blind checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $5, MP1/villain raises $10, Hero..............

soweak. 10-24-2005 12:10 PM

Re: Live - Straight Draw and Overcards

Fold here, you are drawing to two solid outs and about 7 very messy outs with 5 players still in the hand.

I would have folded the flop as well.

krimson 10-24-2005 12:13 PM

I would raise pre-flop.

Fold the turn, your overcard outs are tainted and you don't have odds to draw to the straight.

W. Deranged 10-24-2005 12:32 PM

Raise pre-flop and fold the turn. (Turn's not even close if my pot size adding is correct... you're getting like 5.5 to 1 or something atrocious like that.)

TheHammer24 10-24-2005 01:43 PM

Definitely fold the turn, and you probably should have folded the flop. You were not getting goods odds, you had tainted odds to top pair, and you were not closing the action.

michiganlaw 10-24-2005 02:00 PM

RESULTS!

Hero folds the turn, not getting the correct 11:1 I need to call this gutshot with one card to go....

River: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero jumps out of his seat and [censored] steams.....having folded the absolute NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta convince myself this fold was correct.....pot odds, bottomline.

W. Deranged 10-24-2005 02:09 PM

Re: RESULTS!

[ QUOTE ]
Hero folds the turn, not getting the correct 11:1 I need to call this gutshot with one card to go....

River: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero jumps out of his seat and [censored] steams.....having folded the absolute NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta convince myself this fold was correct.....pot odds, bottomline.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be results oriented. You might be able to justify feeling bad if the decision was at all close, but it wasn't here.