Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Astros fans (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=261184)

nolanfan34 05-28-2005 09:01 PM

Astros fans

That's one hell of a lineup they have going today.

O. Palmeiro cf
T. Self rf
J. Vizcaino 2b
L. Berkman lf
M. Lamb 1b
M. Ensberg 3b
A. Everett ss
R. Chavez c
W. Rodriguez p

mantasm 05-28-2005 09:07 PM

Re: Astros fans

I'm a fan and I don't know who these people are. This season has been a huge letdown. The playoff lineup last year was sweet.

05-28-2005 09:11 PM

9 runs tonite so far. Maybe this lineup ain't so bad.

Jack of Arcades 05-28-2005 09:41 PM

Should be:

Orlando Palmeiro
Lance Berkman
Morgan Ensberg
Mike Lamb
Todd Self
Adam Everett
Jose Vizcaino
Raul Chavez.

That's a pretty bad lineup once you get past the 5 spot.

Aytumious 05-28-2005 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should be:

Orlando Palmeiro
Lance Berkman
Morgan Ensberg
Mike Lamb
Todd Self
Adam Everett
Jose Vizcaino
Raul Chavez.

That's a pretty bad lineup once you get past the 5 spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Berky in the 2?

Jack of Arcades 05-28-2005 09:48 PM

Yes, your best hitter should be batting second. Your best non-HR hitter should be batting leadoff.

Aytumious 05-28-2005 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, your best hitter should be batting second. Your best non-HR hitter should be batting leadoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. What is your criteria for 3-6? I respect your baseball knowledge, so I am curious. Should Bonds be a 2 hitter?

Jack of Arcades 05-28-2005 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. What is your criteria for 3-6? I respect your baseball knowledge, so I am curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

After you place your best non-HR hitter in leadoff, you simply put them in the order of their value. so your best hitter is 2nd, then the next best 3rd, etc.

You can change orders around if you're paranoid about having two or three lefties in a row, which is a good idea if your opponent carries a good lefty in the pen; most teams do, nowadays, and even bad lefties are better at getting our LHBs than good righties.

Aytumious 05-28-2005 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. What is your criteria for 3-6? I respect your baseball knowledge, so I am curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

After you place your best non-HR hitter in leadoff, you simply put them in the order of their value. so your best hitter is 2nd, then the next best 3rd, etc.

You can change orders around if you're paranoid about having two or three lefties in a row, which is a good idea if your opponent carries a good lefty in the pen; most teams do, nowadays, and even bad lefties are better at getting our LHBs than good righties.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is the underlying theme to increase ABs for your best hitters, with the leadoff being the exception?

05-28-2005 10:28 PM

So Bonds, Pujols, Beltran, etc., should hit second? Please.

And what about speed. When Piazza was the Mets' best hitter you would have argued for him to hit second? And clog up the bases?