Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Which is more profitable, Abs.+bonuses or Party (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387219)

lefty rosen 11-30-2005 09:06 PM

Re: Which is more profitable, Abs.+bonuses or Party

I have cleared a [censored] load of bonus through absolute and if you get on good tables absolute is better than Party. The problem is that good tables at 2/4 short never last and they are getting rarer and rarer than Party at 1/2 short. I figured I made about 4 to 6 US an hour off winnings plus about another 10US an hour through bonus. I have given up on the site though because it's way too rocky and seemed to have gotten worse since they allowed 6 tabling. The coup de grace was their raising of the rake threshold. A ten buck pot at 1/2 short might as well be a 15 buck pot at party...... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

shark6 11-30-2005 11:58 PM

I wouldn't limit yourself to considering just PP and Abs. There are several other networks out there with good bonuses and PP-like loose/maniac players.

POKhER 12-01-2005 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how come MyTurn?
I think its great, i get to datamine more tables!

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you datamine tables at Absolute?

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a datamining program, Its patially manual at the moment but i'm working on getting it to automatically keep tables open/Datamine them.

I may release it to 2+2 when i complete it 100%.

raze 12-01-2005 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't limit yourself to considering just PP and Abs. There are several other networks out there with good bonuses and PP-like loose/maniac players.

[/ QUOTE ]

such as?

PokerAmateur4 12-01-2005 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party is way more profitable, and even more so due to the change in absolute bonuses.

Meh, Guess im going to party now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Looking at some rough math I did and didn't save looked like it might be difficult to make up for the difference just by bad player play at party at a level like 2/4 or 3/6.
If you could provide a hypothetical situation of profit intake at one given table per hour for both sites that would be extremly helpful as some people have started to guess at.
If you are making maybe 8-10$ more per table per hour at Abs on bonuses, and you play 2/4, that's maybe 3-4bb/100.
I don't have much expeirence tracking results, so are the worse players at party enabling you to maintain a rate of 4bb/100 MORE?
I guess what it comes down to is largely what the normal sustainable BB/100 rates are for shorthanded at these levels.
Could someone fill me in as to what are some normal rates that one might expect at both sites at those levels and shorthanded?

RiverFenix 12-01-2005 06:36 PM

I havent played at Absolute since late spring, but I used to play 50nl short there and it came out to be ~$12.5 an hour just in bonus + RB 3 tables.

MyTurn2Raise 12-01-2005 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how come MyTurn?
I think its great, i get to datamine more tables!

[/ QUOTE ]

Because TAGs now play more than 3 tables and make up a much larger proportion of the players at any given table

lefty rosen 12-01-2005 09:10 PM

Why bother if you can't see who a rock is after a few orbits you might as well give up poker? All of this nonsense should be illegal anyway........