Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Big street decision (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398898)

sfer 12-15-2005 09:19 AM

Big street decision

20/40 Borgata, 10 handed. I raise interracial KK UTG, folds to the BB who scans the table quickly and calls.

Flop is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5x 3x. Check, bet, call.

Turn is the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Check, bet, checkraise. He's one of few players at the table capable capable of making this raise on the turn with a hand I beat. Should I raise now or call and raise a blankish river and why?

Evan 12-15-2005 09:24 AM

Re: Big street decision

I'd 3 bet the turn. It's hard to win less with that line, but if a scary river card comes off he may check and foil your plan.

mikeyKay 12-15-2005 09:28 AM

raise now...he could be making a move with a flush draw or some straight draw, or a hand that you are just flat out beating, which means its time to collect some bets while you still can.

-mike

thejameser 12-15-2005 09:49 AM

mr. daver,

he may have a 9, a lower pp or may be semibluffing with a heart draw or gutshot. i would like a raise now. especially given your read.

shant 12-15-2005 01:28 PM

If you 3-bet and he caps, and the river does not improve your hand, do you call a river bet? What if the river is a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

Rico Suave 12-15-2005 01:50 PM

Sfer:

I lean toward a flat call on the turn and a call/raise on the river.

--If he has a made hand like a pocket pair or a nine, then will he not likely fold to a 3 bet? And you really would rather let him see the river and collect that extra bet when he only has 2 outs.

--If he picked up a heart draw, don't you think that the times he whiffs, he is still going to lead the river often? If so, you will collect the same amount when you are ahead and stay ahead, but lose more when he hits.

--If he has a 5 I guess it is a wash if you plan on raising the river on a blank....but it depends on what you do if he caps the turn when you 3-bet and what you do when he 3-bets the river when you wait.

--Rico

12-15-2005 03:55 PM

Raise now, if he calls then just call him down on the river if he bets again, regardless of whether a heart comes up. If he checks on the river, it's a hard decision as to whether to bet into this. Most people would say, statistically, it's a no brainer. I say, fine, it's a no brainer, bet, if he raises you just call though.

12-15-2005 03:58 PM

Shant's question is special - I'd say this is a question of feel and table image, really. If player is aggro and is capable of four betting to try to pick you off on the river (that's a rare aggro), well, call, call. If not, you may laydown the river, though even this is very hard. Gotta raise the turn though, get price in if he's on a draw.

Argun

Justin A 12-15-2005 04:21 PM

River raise and fold to a 3bet. Getting capped on the turn really sucks.

Chris Daddy Cool 12-15-2005 04:32 PM

when you say interracial kings does this mean you have the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? because that makes the biggest difference in the world.