Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Out of line on 3rd? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362076)

Barry_G 10-20-2005 10:51 PM

Out of line on 3rd?

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $1 (converter)

Seat 1: $184.50
Seat 2: $124.50
Seat 3: $83
Hero: $270
Seat 5: $142
Seat 7: $266
Seat 8: $140.50

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___raises
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (13.50 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___raises___raises
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls

5th Street - (12.75 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

6th Street - (16.75 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (18.75 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

Total pot: (20.75 BB)

This was an aggressive game on the skins. I'm really not sure how i should have played this. Seat 7 hand called down with some weak hands. Seat 3 was ok player but i had pushed him off some hands earlier and he was a little on tilt, crying in chat about how terrible everyone was playing.

Flame me if i need it. I really like stud much more than holdem these days and want to improve.

I raised on third to try and get heads up with the Ten with a pair and an overcard. If he had a big pair in the hole i had the ace and i could see if he made two pair. After i caught trips and finally got the other guy out on 5th i just don't see folding.

Barry_G 10-20-2005 10:56 PM

Re: Results:

Results:
Main Pot: $121.50 | Rake: $3

Seat 3: [ Jh Qc Ts Ks Js 3s 5s ] [ a flush, king high -- Ks,Js,Ts,5s,3s ]

Hero: [ 6h 6c Ad 6s Tc 2s Kc ] [ three of a kind, sixes -- Ad,Kc,6h,6c,6s ]

SNOWBALL138 10-20-2005 11:00 PM

Re: Out of line on 3rd?

I 3 bet fifth st. because you are almost never looking at a made flush or trips, plus your aces and sixes are live.

Also, if villain doesn't have a ten in the hole, your F/H outs are even more live. If he does have a ten in the hole, then you aren't really that concerned about redrawing.

blumpkin22 10-20-2005 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I 3 bet fifth st. because you are almost never looking at a made flush or trips, plus your aces and six are live.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

SNOWBALL138 10-20-2005 11:25 PM

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I 3 bet fifth st. because you are almost never looking at a made flush or trips, plus your aces and six are live.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ QUOTE ]
fyp Master Snowball. Excuse my impudence, as I realize this is the second time I've taken issue with your spelling for no good reason. I realize that you are too busy being a pimp to edit your own posts, so let me offer my humble services to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

bigredlemon 10-20-2005 11:29 PM

doesn't typing the plural of 6 require more time than not doing so? Perhaps you actually have too much time on your hands !!

10-20-2005 11:50 PM

it's aggressive, but ok

SNOWBALL138 10-21-2005 12:12 AM

Actually, I am not going to retract my "error"

Hero had trip sixes. His sixes were live, viz., his hand was live. If a six were out, you would say "his sixes were dead" not "his six was live"

Best regards,
Snowball

bigredlemon 10-21-2005 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I am not going to retract my "error"

Hero had trip sixes. His sixes were live, viz., his hand was live. If a six were out, you would say "his sixes were dead" not "his six was live"

Best regards,
Snowball

[/ QUOTE ]Then you made an error in saying his "aces" were live. He only had one ace. You can't have it both ways [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]