Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Too weak tight, yes? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=324103)

trying2learn 08-27-2005 06:46 PM

Too weak tight, yes?

The other night, playing 10/20 at GVR this hand comes up. (I'm about 9 hours into session and tired...my first problem). The worst part - my reads are that the two players involved at the turn with me are very loose, and call a lot.

Hero in small blind with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

three limpers, I raise, big blind and limpers all call.

(10 small bets) flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, big blind calls, two folds, button calls.

(13 small bets) turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, big blind bets, button calls, I fold.

I just felt awful about my play after this hand...this will def teach me to start paying attention to how long I've been at the table in the future. How badly did I really play this one?

chief444 08-27-2005 06:55 PM

Re: Too weak tight, yes?

Bet/folding the turn is much better than check/folding.

trying2learn 08-27-2005 07:27 PM

should I have tried a check raise on the flop?

I agree my check on the turn was gawd awful.

A_C_Slater 08-27-2005 07:29 PM

I check the flop.

But if I was tired I would probably bet on auto-pilot mode.

brazilio 08-27-2005 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I check the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you ever check the flop. I know the reason will be terrible, I just want to hear why.

trying2learn 08-27-2005 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you ever check the flop. I know the reason will be terrible, I just want to hear why.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if I bet the turn and it goes call, call - what do I do on the river? it was a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] by the way...even though I was out.

(I don't know the hands they held, because after the river the big blind bet and the button folded).

brazilio 08-27-2005 07:43 PM

stats on opponents leans me towards bet/fold or check/call, but I bet/fold a lot because missing value bets sucks balls against opponents that call down with anything.

trying2learn 08-27-2005 07:46 PM

I really wish I would have played it bet/fold, bet/fold looking back...It's too likely he had a T, an underpair, or was semi-bluffing something like the ace of hearts.

A_C_Slater 08-27-2005 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it sounds like the button will bet almost everytime when checked too here. Plus, even if it's checked around it's not so bad and you can bet any turn blank or check a K or Ace or [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I don't think his fold is bad at all. I think he's being results oriented.

trying2learn 08-27-2005 07:52 PM

possible that it's partially results-oriented...except I don't know how it turned out...just that it went bet-fold at the river.