Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The Worst Advice EVER - Ed Miller!!! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390641)

12-03-2005 05:01 PM

The Worst Advice EVER - Ed Miller!!!

Thank you Ed Miller,for the WORST advice ever. I just read your article on how 6-max tables are the way to play on-line, so I thought I'd try it out online on PP. I got my $%#%#$# clock cleaned. Absolutely no one was betting and calling my raises with crap hands. I was only raising with good hands too, but it didn't matter. Everyone was calling my raises and catching their cards. I just lost just about everything I had won today!!!

Anyone who is thinking about implementing Ed's strategy better think twice.

therockofgibraltar 12-03-2005 05:06 PM

Re: The Worst Advice EVER - Ed Miller!!!

It worked for me....

Ed Miller 12-03-2005 05:10 PM

I wish you better luck tomorrow.

DcifrThs 12-03-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive told you before but i'll say it again. you are a class act man.

Barron

Xhad 12-03-2005 06:14 PM

I too tried 6max at Ed's recommendation, only to end up to the left of an 80/35 who beat me with so many runner-runners that I had to rebuy twice and still barely broke even.

I still can't wait to try it again.

ahnuld 12-03-2005 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you Ed Miller,for the WORST advice ever. I just read your article on how 6-max tables are the way to play on-line, so I thought I'd try it out online on PP. I got my $%#%#$# clock cleaned. Absolutely no one was betting and calling my raises with crap hands. I was only raising with good hands too, but it didn't matter. Everyone was calling my raises and catching their cards. I just lost just about everything I had won today!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ur a tard, sorry but theres nothing else to say.

12-03-2005 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If people were calling your raises incorrectly and drawing out, you were in a good game. The fact that the deck ran cold doesn't have anything to do with the fact that you were sitting in a 6 handed game.

splashpot 12-03-2005 06:45 PM

Where is this article?

speirs 12-03-2005 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
priceless

12-03-2005 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
YSSCKY

KSOT 12-03-2005 08:36 PM

Once you're able to beat full ring, 6-max is like a gift from god. I never even tried it until recently because I was sure short handed play was my weak point, but HOLY [censored] are the players ever terrible. It's seriously ridiculous how profitable they are compared to full ring. The only time I ever have a losing session of 6-max is when the deck is ice cold.

12-03-2005 08:38 PM

ring and short handed are two totally different beasts.

sounds like you should have gotten up when you realized you couldnt beat the game......?

Tex

jman220 12-03-2005 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only time I ever have a losing session of 6-max is when the deck is ice cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure...

admiralfluff 12-03-2005 09:14 PM

Hell yea. 6max at Party is impossible to beat. It's just one giant lottery ticket. I wish I had never wasted my time by ever playing that stupid game. Even the best 6max players in the world can only make 2BB/hr 4-tabling. All of you should save yourselves the trouble, and stick to full ring.

12-03-2005 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is this article?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's in this month's 2+2 mag

waffle 12-03-2005 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hell yea. 6max at Party is impossible to beat. It's just one giant lottery ticket. I wish I had never wasted my time by ever playing that stupid game. Even the best 6max players in the world can only make 2BB/hr 4-tabling. All of you should save yourselves the trouble, and stick to full ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wynton 12-03-2005 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only time I ever have a losing session of 6-max is when the deck is ice cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe. Haha. I mean. Har Har Haarrrrrrrrrrrrrr De HAR HAR.

jba 12-03-2005 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once you're able to beat full ring, 6-max is like a gift from god. I never even tried it until recently because I was sure short handed play was my weak point, but HOLY [censored] are the players ever terrible. It's seriously ridiculous how profitable they are compared to full ring. The only time I ever have a losing session of 6-max is when the deck is ice cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

boy oh boy are you in for some good times

12-04-2005 12:59 AM

I've been cleaning up with Ed's stuff 6max makes it better.

TheMainEvent 12-04-2005 01:09 AM

It's clear that you are a winning player on a downswing, stick with it.

B Dids 12-04-2005 01:35 AM

I like 6 max because I get to play more hands against players like the OP.

lapoker17 12-04-2005 02:00 AM

Uh, i think you guys all just got trolled.

nolanfan34 12-04-2005 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just have to say I agree, 6-max can kiss my ass. Down 60 BB in a matter of 45 min. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

siccjay 12-04-2005 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

boy oh boy are you in for some good times

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA This guy is in trouble.

Wait til you have your first 200BB swing in 2000 hands hahahahahaha

Peter666 12-04-2005 03:11 AM

Thanks for your money, loser.

I love the six max pace, and the aggresive tactics that isolate your opponents which you usually have dominated due to correct starting hand criteria. There are a lot less bad beats in this game because you don't have as many people attempting to suck out on you with crap cards.

6 max is where the tight but very aggresive player shines the most, and I find it more fun too.

Dopey 12-04-2005 04:09 AM

If you can't take the ups and down of poker 6-max is not for you.

In the last 3.5 hours (1200 hands approx.) I have have had two 100BB swings, one up and one down. It's frustrating but if you can assess how your playing and determine you still played well then the results shouldn't matter.

Downswing are fun.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Dopey 12-04-2005 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There are a lot less bad beats in this game because you don't have as many people attempting to suck out on you with crap cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I guess were playing different games. If people weren't trying to suck out on you with crap cards then it wouldn't be worth playing. Its the people who believe they need to loosen up short-handed but don't know how (resulting in 60 VPIP) that make the games so profitable.

[ QUOTE ]

6 max is where the tight but very aggresive player shines the most, and I find it more fun too

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where I agree with you 100%

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Victor 12-04-2005 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just have to say I agree, 6-max can kiss my ass. Down 60 BB in a matter of 45 min. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so funny. cant wait till you lose 300 in that time

TheMainEvent 12-04-2005 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

300? Wait until you lose 1500BB in a half hour noob. 6max is for real men only.

jusander 12-04-2005 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just read your article on how 6-max tables are the way to play on-line..

[/ QUOTE ]
What article was that?

nolanfan34 12-04-2005 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was only playing 3-tables. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

12-04-2005 02:17 PM

like Diablo says, 6-max is not poker, it's the will of god. apparently god wills me to win tons of money. get on his good side, i recommend sacrificing a goat.