Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Laying down the nuts...? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=119521)

thatpfunk 09-02-2004 03:09 AM

Laying down the nuts...?

5-10 NL live...

The game is fairly deep, we have been playing all night.
Hero~ $2500
Villian~ $2200 and he is very good.

In BB I am dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG limps, villian raises to $80 (standard), folded to me, I call utg calls.
Pot- $245
Semi-gorgeous flop:
A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet $200, utg folds and Villian goes all in for ~$2100.

Thoughts, comments, criticisms...? Such an absurd over bet makes me think about what holdings he could actually make this play with.

Results later.

The Gift Of Gab 09-02-2004 03:22 AM

Re: Laying down the nuts...?

kqo is about the worst hand i can think of to call a good player's raise out of position.

this isn't pot limit omaha. he doesn't put you on the nuts because most players would get cute. he probably has a set or what he thinks is a big draw. call and bust him.

SA-Bishop 09-02-2004 03:56 AM

How could you possibly ever think about folding?

SlyAK 09-02-2004 03:58 AM

There is exactly ONE TIME I would fold this.... and that is if he flipped over the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I SAW that he had the made straight and he was free-rolling to the flush. I think calling there would be -EV since you can only split and never win and you haven't lost much by folding. Other than that rare circumstance its a clear call.

Sly

thatpfunk 09-02-2004 04:01 AM

Put yourself in his shoes, why would he make this bet and what would he make it with?

ThingDo 09-02-2004 04:03 AM

This is ridiculous... unless you put him on EXACTLY KQc ... whatever this is ridiculous

thatpfunk 09-02-2004 04:06 AM

It is KQs, and if I didn't play hands like that out of position, what would I have to post on the forum? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] BTW, He isn't going to get cute just for the fun of it...

If he assumes that I am a good player, what possible holdings would he want to make this play with? The play was so illogical to me, coming from him, that I had to sit and think this one out for a bit...

SlyAK 09-02-2004 04:11 AM

I think he might make this bet with a set... maybe AA... he doesnt want a flush draw hanging around, and he doesnt want someone with a hand like AQ hanging around to catch a miracle straight. Just a guess, I am very interested in what he had.

His bet is still overkill in any case.

Sly

bones 09-02-2004 04:13 AM

Thinking about this hand, the only thing I can compare it to is someone pushing pre-flop and somehow you know for a fact that they don't have a pair. You have AKo.

ThingDo 09-02-2004 04:15 AM

Well he sure as [censored] isn't going to do w/ KQc unless he puts you on EXACTLY your holding.