Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Defending with TJs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379372)

obsidian 11-16-2005 01:33 AM

Defending with TJs

Going through some old hands and found this. My stats showed this guy as 40/18/1.6 with 40% atsb.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

11-16-2005 01:35 AM

Re: Defending with TJs

Check-raise the flop. If he 3 bets you peel one off then make a decision on the turn. If he calls and raises you on one of the big streets, fold.

imported_leader 11-16-2005 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check-raise the flop. If he 3 bets you peel one off then make a decision on the turn. If he calls and raises you on one of the big streets, fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

11-16-2005 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think checkraising the flop is so stereotypical for blind battles.

i think with the bet/call on the flop, either c/c turn c/c river or b/f turn

imported_leader 11-16-2005 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how that's an argument against a c/r. I mean capping the river is so stereotypical of having the nuts so just call next time [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

JackThree 11-16-2005 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how that's an argument against a c/r. I mean capping the river is so stereotypical of having the nuts so just call next time [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhhhh that's [censored] hilarious

TheMetetron 11-16-2005 09:41 AM

Yeah, you really need to check/raise this.

TMFS9 11-16-2005 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he calls and raises you on one of the big streets, fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You take this line you are very likely to get pushed of the best hand by free showdown raises with Aces and lower pp's.

7ontheline 11-16-2005 11:45 AM

C/ring the flop HU is stereotypical because it works. Personally I c/r my big hands, my draws, and my occasional bluffs so it's hard to tell what I have. You can pretty much count on the autobet continuation on the flop from the PFR. A guy with theses stats isn't going to check it. I like c/r flop, lead all streets or call down if raised.

obsidian 11-16-2005 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you really need to check/raise this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, I think this is correct most likely. Lately I've been mixing it up between donking and c/r'ing as I feel that people underestimate the strength of donking a lot (especially on 2 flush boards), and will call down more with low to mid PPs and A or even K high more often.

Oh, and villain showed Q9s (no flush draw) and MHIG.