Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Best Challenge Ever (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397218)

RacersEdge 12-12-2005 11:23 PM

Best Challenge Ever

Infinity goal line? Where did that come from?

So why do players try to get the ball inside the post? Awesome play by Vick then.

LBJ 12-12-2005 11:31 PM

Re: Best Challenge Ever

If you're a big NFL fan and don't know that the goalline extends forever, then I don't know what to say to you.

RacersEdge 12-12-2005 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're a big NFL fan and don't know that the goalline extends forever, then I don't know what to say to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, apparently none of the players are big NFL fans either.

Josh W 12-12-2005 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay that reply spits in the face of logic.

When do players dive into the endzone right by the pylon? This is the only time that this matters, and it only occurs when the ballcarrier is about to be hit (that's why they're diving).

Fumbling in this scenario will put the ball through the endzone, resulting in a touchback for the opposing team. This is about the only spot on the field where a fumble is an automatic turnover...A risk hardly worth taking. It makes a lot more sense to keep two hands on the ball.

And, most importantly, I bet a lot of players DON'T know all of the rules. But saying none are fans is really quite ignorant.

Josh

RacersEdge 12-12-2005 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay that reply spits in the face of logic.

When do players dive into the endzone right by the pylon? This is the only time that this matters, and it only occurs when the ballcarrier is about to be hit (that's why they're diving).

Fumbling in this scenario will put the ball through the endzone, resulting in a touchback for the opposing team. This is about the only spot on the field where a fumble is an automatic turnover...A risk hardly worth taking. It makes a lot more sense to keep two hands on the ball.

And, most importantly, I bet a lot of players DON'T know all of the rules. But saying none are fans is really quite ignorant.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have the right facts and the wrong conclusion.

Jack of Arcades 12-13-2005 01:30 AM

Um, Racer, it came from the rulebook.